Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My intro? And my current position in Training need some guidance

George Tate

George Tate

Well hey im new here my name is george. they call me Gosha if it matters.

Im currently 17.5 years old i am 5,9-5,10 feet long(1.75-1.77) i weight 64kg/141.096 pounds.

Last year i began taking my life seriously i began working out in street workout 

my first 4 months were intense i had good improvements but slowly i became lazy and started only coming to this workouts to joke around and do stupid stuff barly even trained at all.

At some point i got sick but i knew if i go there id start laughing and i won't workout

So i began training at home abit i got my reps back with push ups and pull ups

i began working on L SIT and Planche at home got those "Stands" specially for that

i then joined a gym near me and kinda became a gymrat if thats a term i originally joined cause of the winter

so i can workout hard on this core exercises get stronger and perform lever aswell

at first i was doing so good with planche i did tuck planche pushups easily really effortless

i began doing stradle push ups could do like 5 and i also began working on handstand i can stand without a wall for like a min or so didn't really meassure the time but i can do handstand push ups like 5 good ones thu with the nose in the ground but just like streetworkout i slowly got far from my goal and really became a gym rat and eating junk food+only doing gym stuff and im getting annoyed already the only gains my body has is veins on my hands and my ripped back and shoulders my tricep and biceps completly stopped moving anywhere

i wanna go back to Planche and handstand i wanna learn to do front and back lever i wanna get some base of gymnastics before the summer so i can train at streetwork out( at our local beach) and probably join a gymnastic group which is my goal.

here is my reps and such i saw people post.

Pull ups i do all sorts of pull ups back/tricep's pull ups i do 12 times 3 sets but my record of reps in 1 set

was 39 if i don't stop to rest

Dips i do deep dips till the feet touch the ground i do dips with 20kg weight strapped with a belt

i do 12 reps for 3 sets(I don't know how much times i can do dips with no weight in 1 rep of max)

Push ups i can do 70 with chest to the ground

L sit i can hold for up to 15 seconds

My current planche progress is im back to tuck planche i can go up to straddle but my hands won't stand still they keep bending cause i lost my strength and because they aren't straight i can't balance my legs and ass to be straight with the ground. so the stradle is horribly bad.

My hand stand time is still the same but i can do like 3 times push up now. 

After all of this im curious if some 1 could advice me what to do now? i mean train at home ? or do a special program and the gym? we got rings there if it matters. how to progress my planche(Upload photos?)

i would also like to have a healthy diet cause im latly back to bad food i have powerfull abs but they aren't shown because i need to lose body fat percentage im at 12% fat probably. maybe 11 or 13 i can't really check i wanna lose it down to 8% so my hard work is better seen.. i don't know what else to add thank you.

Klemen Bobnar

I really don't understand how with 126views no 1 even bothered to answer?

You posted a wall of text with spelling mistakes, what did you expect?

If you want more people to respond, take time to organize your posts. Appreciate the time of other people.

• Upvote 2

Mikkel Ravn

Apologies if I sound rude, but your style of writing is extremely convoluted, and is lacking in basic grammar. It makes it difficult to read; personally I gave up reading about half way through the post.

Perhaps try again, and make it more to the point.

Edit: Duff beat me to it.

• Upvote 1

Don't be so rude.. English is probably not is main language, and at least he makes an effort to speak it

.. My writing used to be even worse than this (my main language is french)

Mikkel Ravn

Hype, George was wondering why no one had answered his post after +100 views, I just offered an explanation. I already apologised for sounding rude.

Klemen Bobnar

While you failed to ask a good question, I also failed to give any useful advice.

For training I second LateStarter@46's suggestion. Buy the Starter Pack if you have the money, otherwise search the forum for 'killroy70 template' and 'prerequisites'. These two threads contain lots of useful information, but getting the Starter Pack is recommended for better programming, mobility exercises and designated support forums among other reasons.

For asking questions in general, read this primer on how to ask smart questions by Eric S. Raymond. It is written for a different field, but applicable to any and all.

And remeber, we are all beginners somewhere. Separate yourself from others by showing effort, it will be noticed.