Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Training Frequency and other Questions

Taaron Foote

Taaron Foote

Hi. I'm fairly new to gymnastics training. For the past 2 years I have been doing street style calisthenics. I have made substantial progress in all areas up until recently when I have begun to lose strength. In the past I have trained 6 days a week for an hour a day. I have mixed strength and endurance which worked for a while, but as of late I have noticed a loss of strength as my endurance increases. ( also sick of seeing videos of bent arm planches and half rom oac's)

My current goals are fl (static and pull-ups), pl, bl, weighted ring dips, ring hspu, oac, and ring muscle ups. My current abilities are a 5 second sFL, 20 second tuck planche, 5 second BL, wall assisted 3 hspu using several books for increased rom, 3 bar muscle ups. I have yet to order a set of rings to test rings skills. I have been saving up for Extreme rings for a couple months only to find them out of stock. I am wondering if 6 days a week an hour a day is a good program to achieve these goals. I would do 3 days of tuck planche holds, bl, hspu, ring dips and 3 days of sFL, advanced tuck FL pull-ups, oac negatives, assisted oac's. This portion would take about 40 minutes per day. The other 20 minutes would be bridges, l-sits/ leg raises, pistol squats, and handstands. If anyone has a better programming idea please help!!!!! I'm a noob to ring work especially. In conclusion... How often should I workout? Everything on 1 day or divide it into 2 or 3 workouts? When can I buy extreme rings or should I just get the rogue rings? Is foundation ever going to be available for a lower price?

P.s. I'm 15, I have Building the Gymnastic Body, no dip station or p bars, need rings ASAP due as I don't always have access to a pull-up bar (used a tree branch this morning), I would like to do foundation and have been working to save up for it, but will likely not be able to afford it for a long time.

Thanks for the help ahead of time. Also, perhaps Slizzardman could share his oac training secret mentioned in this post. https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/6054-one-arm-chin-up-training/

"It took me 2 months, but no one else here will get that kind of progress except Dillon, because we have a completely different and proprietary training methodology"

Taaron Foote

I have to buy rings today so that they will arrive at my current address. I cannot wait for the extreme rings :(. What is the second best alternative?