Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to build a routine.. ?

hype

WaW, just looked at the price of the foundations + hanstand series.... 

I'm pretty sure it's 100% worth it, but I just can't afford them lol :/

I guess I'll have to build my own thing with BtGB... 

Connor Davies

WaW, just looked at the price of the foundations + hanstand series.... 

I'm pretty sure it's 100% worth it, but I just can't afford them lol :/

I guess I'll have to build my own thing with BtGB... 

Won't work.  Trust me.

Save up for a bit.  Borrow it if you need to.  Hell, steal it if you think you can get away with it.  The programs that good.

Won't work.  Trust me.

Save up for a bit.  Borrow it if you need to.  Hell, steal it if you think you can get away with it.  The programs that good.

How do you know it won't work for him? Just because it didn't work for you or many people doesn't mean it won't work for anyone.

• Upvote 1

Connor Davies

How do you know it won't work for him? Just because it didn't work for you or many people doesn't mean it won't work for anyone.

Okay, let me rephrase it:

Given the long history of people on this forum who tried to build their own workouts using BtGB and either didn't make any progress or hurt themselves, as well as all of the people who got F1 and said "wow!  I was really wasting my time before this!" I'm going to hazard a guess that statistically speaking, it's probably not going to work for OP.

That being said, it's possible to build a good routine on your own, but remember that BtGB is an incomplete reference guide.  It completely skips over mobility and joint prep as they were intended to be included in a separate volume, and generally speaking it starts from a point that's too advanced for the beginner trainee.

But sure!  Build your own program.  If it's all you can do while you wait for the big cash money wad in order to get F1&H1, that's the cards you've been dealt.  Do the best you can to make good of your situation, but just remember that there's a nice little pot of gold at the end of the Foundation rainbow. 

Mikkel Ravn

I agree with Brian; Beginning with BtGB goes a long way, provided that two things are taken into account:

1: Practice the prerequisites first, get good at them, and keep doing them as warmup.

2: Do 60-80% of what you're maximally capable of, to avoid injuries and burning out.

Yes, F-series is better IMO, but BtGB is miles better than nothing or some half-assed youtube tutorial.

Edit: Though my progress was by no means complete or holistic, I picked up a good bit of strength and a bunch of valuable lessons from BtGB. Certainly wasn't a waste of my time.

• Upvote 4

Bill Köhntopp

I know some people which trained for many years with their own programs and are fine and really strong.

Of course the mobility part is not so much in there, but if you listen to your body and don't rush too hard, you can be safe with every program :)

What i like about F-Series is, besides the mobility facts, that i have a week-schedule and have to do it, like i have a real trainer you know, its easier for me to be motivated for training so far :D

GoldenEagle

I agree with Brian; Beginning with BtGB goes a long way, provided that two things are taken into account:

1: Practice the prerequisites first, get good at them, and keep doing them as warmup.

2: Do 60-80% of what you're maximally capable of, to avoid injuries and burning out.

Yes, F-series is better IMO, but BtGB is miles better than nothing or some half-assed youtube tutorial.

Edit: Though my progress was by no means complete or holistic, I picked up a good bit of strength and a bunch of valuable lessons from BtGB. Certainly wasn't a waste of my time.

Adding to the above:

If needed and or while transitioning from one progression to the next hardest progression in BtGB use scaling to make the newer progression a little bit easier.