Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what do you think?

Migfer88

monday: 

FSP

frogstance 10sh (seconds holds) x 1minR ( R= rest) x 10sets ( 10shx1mRx10s)

FBE

pike press feet elevated for about 10 cm 3s-5r

pushups 3s-15r

v-ups tuck 3s-10r

tuesday.

FSP

pullup hold (high/top) tuck 5s/ front lever tuck 5s ( (5shx2) x 1minR x 10s)

FBE

Rows 3sx5r

neg HEspu 3sx3r

v-ups stradle 3s-6r

wednesday rest

thursday

FSP

L-sit on chairs (straight legs) 5shx1minR x 10

FBE

v-ups tuck 3s-10r

pushups one arm variation 3s-5r

pistols negatives 3s-5r

pullups 3s-5r

friday.

FSP

frontlever tuck 5shx1minR x 10s

FBE

jump-pullups with negative hanging L x5r

Rows 3s-8r

pike press feet elevated 20cm 5s-2r

saturday rest 

sunday rest

i will do a little GTG on pullups/modified OA pushups and static hold as advance frogstance

other sugestion?

Connor Davies

Okay first of all just a little advice: you should buy Foundation.  It's going to have miles better programming than anything you or I could come up with.  (Yes, other forum members, I'm aware of some hypocrisy at this point.)

Now if you can't, or wont, shell out the money to get F1, there's always the Killroy70 template. 

Now, looking at your program I can already tell you don't have your prerequisites.  So that would obviously be the next starting point.

All that being said, lets take a look at your actual program.

First thing I noticed was the frogstand.  Drop the frogstand.  It's great for balance practice, but it's nearly impossible to transition from frogstand to advanced frogstand without trashing your elbows.  Instead, focus on planche leans.

I'd also suggest ditching the one arm pushup practice.  While it's possible to build a decent amount of strength with them, the carryover to GST moves is little to none.  If you're training properly, you will always be able to bust a few out to impress people if that's what you want, so there's really no need to waste your time and energy training them on a regular basis.

And then there's the fact that you're training 4 completely separate workouts.  There's really no need for this.  I'd suggest instead you should split your workouts up, either into a vertical pushing/pulling day or a push day followed by a pull day.  Do these both twice a week.

Drop negative headstand pushups and negative L pullups.  There's no point in working negatives if there's a previous progression you still haven't mastered.  In this case, focus your energy instead on pike press and pullups.  I wouldn't even suggest elevating your feet on the pike pushups until you can manage 15 or more of them, but I am aware how the leverage changes.  Doing them with feet elevated definitely feels more like a handstand pushup, and requires less flexibility as well.

Pushups and rows are excellent, and you should keep them in your program.

At this point I have to ask what equipment you have available to you?  Clearly you have some kind of pullup bar, but do you have rings?

I've found ring rows to be a completely different exercise to straight bar rows, and much more fun/challenging.  I'd also suggest you move your pushups onto the rings, with the intention of working your way up to dips.  Take this one slowly, there are several progressions along the way that I haven't mentioned, and you can hurt yourself if you're not careful.

If you have access to proper parallel bars or a dipping station, train your dips on that before you move onto the rings.

I'll give you credit for wanting to include straddle v-ups, but unless you're also working pancake flexibility you're not going to be getting the most out of them.  Feel free to keep them in your warmup, but I'd suggest hanging leg lifts instead.  Try to get your feet to touch the bar.

Flexibility!  You've made no real mention of it.  If you need a good primer, check out this.  It's a good starting point.

If you want advanced skills like a manna, straddle press to handstand, back limber ect (and you should!) you definitely need to be working your flexibility.

That should about cover it.  Basically, gut your program and start again.

• Upvote 1

thank you. 

i dont have rings yet. and i will buy rings as fast as possible. 

you got me there my flexibility and mobility is really not my strenght.

thanks for your advice