This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE6 for so long time

Started by strme, December 17, 2013 · 79 Replies · 3,787 Views

strme

6 months i am on MN/Pe6..  i have try everything..  repeating microcycle and some extra work..  no way..  

 

but i am always nearly at mastery at third week before deloading..  after deload week ,can't do what i did last best.  is it ok to push de load week?  i mean  4-6weeks and than deloading.. did somebody try this?

Keilani Gutierrez
strme said:

6 months i am on MN/Pe6..  i have try everything..  repeating microcycle and some extra work..  no way..  

 

but i am always nearly at mastery at third week before deloading..  after deload week ,can't do what i did last best.  is it ok to push reload week?  i mean  4-6weeks and than deloading.. did somebody try this?

have you filmed it? and also, how is your recovery? i feel like i literally hit a wall i can't get past because i either dont eat enough or am sleep deprived

strme

4days split..recovery is good..feel fresh every time . sleeping 8hours every day.sometimes in middle of the day for one hour :)  i do only f1 h1..and some cardio 2 times a week..  everything have consistent progress accept manna..  i have some video but slow net. can't post anything like that. my manna pe6 is perfect.. for so long time must be perfect..toes completly to the bar with straight legs..no problem.  i trying to do it faster now..its not 10sec but 8..  still no luck..  

something wrong with deloading..  it takes like two weeks in manna get there where i was..  

strme

and food yes.. long story short:  lot of vegetables ,meat ,fishes etc..  no flavour but potatoes or rice..max 400g every day.  whey protein ,bananas ,apples,pears. nutter and berries.  you know.. thats it thats all

here is some strange doctors in this country(Norway)..they can't do bloodtest and other test because i am healthy.  so i can't see what missing maybe.

:D i trying ZMA ..this is i think just screaming to the dark

Bipocni
strme said:

Is it ok to push deload week?

Do what you gotta do man.  Try it and see if it helps.

Ravn

I feel your pain, I've been at 4x3R for a month, and form is bad, so no progression yet. It's damn hard, I think tight hamstrings and weak hip flexors are the culprits.

Off the bat, I don't think skipping deload week is a good idea. You may improve in MN in the short term, but at the risk of bringing other complications into the equation, such as injuries and plateaus.

Keilani Gutierrez

wanna post a vid and let's see what it is? i wis i could help more but im not at that PE but others can help you if they can see whats going on visually

strme

thanks guys for answers..i try to upload some vid next days

Kasper Stangerup

When I was stuck (on RC/PE1 !!), I felt that the sharp ramping up during the last microcycle killed me every time, and that deload set me back. My solution was to do steady state for 3 months (5x12 every work day), but still include the deload (so dropping to 5x6 on deload). I felt that the assurance of knowing that I would be able to finish the sets in good form helped a lot.

Gavin S

I battled with the early SL progressions and had to do multiple mini-cycles but eventually my body adapted and I could move forward. I know it is frustrating but I would just continue doing the cycles as they are until your body has it down.

Nautique163

It's not always about doing more, how old are you? I had some luck with going from week 11 and then doing the Deload of week 8 or 4 just to give the body more rest . The older you are the more important recovery is !

MT Nordic

I'm currently right where you are.  It is my hardest progression as well (except for straddle planche SE1).  My limiting factor is my flexibility.  It's funny, because i can do leg lifts to the bar no problem, 5 sets of 5, on a bar, but put me on the stall bars and it's a lot harder.  I'm doing what i can, then i've been doing the half hanging leg lifts with weights on ankles so that i feel i get a decent workout.  I can put 5 lbs on each leg and do 5 sets of 10 Leg raises, so I don't think the problems with PE6 are strength related, but purely flexibility related.  I figure as my flexibility improves the manna will slowly come around.  i'm less concerned with progress on this one than the others because i really don't foresee ever doing manna and it's not a major goal of mine.  As long as i have good ab workout and improve my flexibility i'm happy.  If you're really concerned with progressing faster I'd spend a lot more time working on the iM for this and trying to get the hands and feet as close together as possible (that is, doing it 1 or 2 bars apart, instead of 3 or 4).  good luck.

Christian

I'm wondering how people's PE5-iM is. I'm also at this level, but staying at PE5 due to the iM. Which is the hardest (for me) iM ever. The next one is nothing compared to this. Like MT Nordic suggested to get to only 1-2 bars between hands and feet is where you should be on iM5. And walking up and down to there also. For me this is quite a pulling workout also. And duration wise it's quite long. If we take the vid as example it's 5 steps up and 5 steps down = 1 rep.

Are people really mastering this? I've been there for months myself but the PE is easy. If I try PE6 I have the same problems mentioned in this thread. Just wondering.

Ravn
Christian said:

I'm wondering how people's PE5-iM is. I'm also at this level, but staying at PE5 due to the iM. Which is the hardest (for me) iM ever. The next one is nothing compared to this. Like MT Nordic suggested to get to only 1-2 bars between hands and feet is where you should be on iM5. And walking up and down to there also. For me this is quite a pulling workout also. And duration wise it's quite long. If we take the vid as example it's 5 steps up and 5 steps down = 1 rep.

Are people really mastering this? I've been there for months myself but the PE is easy. If I try PE6 I have the same problems mentioned in this thread. Just wondering.

Agreed, pe5/im is brutal. My playground stallbars have double spacing between the steps, so the closest I could get was equivalent of two steps on normal stallbars. Even so, I'm nowhere near mastery of MN/pe6.

Bipocni

I would think after you get MN/PE2 you would never have flexibility problems again....

strme

so problem for all of you are IM?  wrong forum for me ?  :D

Christian

iM on PE5. Sorry to hijak please continue :-)

MT Nordic

No you're on the right forum.  Oftentimes the flexibility is more of a limiter than the strength, or you require much greater strength because of the mobility limitations.  

 

RE: bipocni, I don't see how PE2 is anywhere near the flexibility for the full PE6 or PE7.  For these you need to be almost bent in half with legs straight.  PE2 you're allowed to straddle which improves your mobility, PE3 you're not near the range of motion.  I agree that the PE5 and PE6 iM are designed to get you there.  Some people will just need more work on it than others.  Gotta love the biomechanical disadvantage that the stall bars introduce, however.  

Adriano Augusto

My take is that you guys are not properly mastered MN/PE2 and PE3, specially PE2 with the same form and degree in which the legs are up. I may be wrong, but PE2 for example it's not just get straddle up, is have the same high as the athlete in the course, which shows and amazing compression and straddle up flexibility. In regards of PE3, same thing but in pike, that has more relationship with PE5 and 6.

I don't know and I may be wrong, but I agree with bipocni on this.

If not, so spent more time on iM's related and keep doing the PE and with time will come. It doesn't have to be frustrating spent so much time on a particular PE, we have to deal with so many weakness, so be it, it doesn't matter the time.

emilianop

Agreed with Adriano.

Also, to add to the mix, my personal opinion is that very often when it comes to leg-related stretches, people focus mostly on where chest, head and hands are going in relationship with the legs (the classic "can you touch your toes" thing).

This makes sense of course, but the point is that if you've got tight hamstrings you should focus on the angle between your hips and your legs, not on what happens on your upper body.

To put it the other way around, your chest gets closer to your legs as an effect of your hips rotating in anterior tilt toward the femur and moving forward the whole upper body.

If you focus on your chest/arms instead you'll be more likely to bend your spine too much, actually leaving the hips where they are, so reducing the force you're putting on the back of your legs.

 

If you check the athlete in the videos, his back is pretty flat with open shoulders at the extreme range of PE6>IM, meaning he's "pulling his belly towards his thighs" a lot.

 

Hope it makes sense... :wacko:

strme

good points.  feel free to send a news from your future of pe6 here..  how long you will be stuck there with perfect form and IM..  true is that my hamstrings are tight..  still can't touch  head with toes with straight legs ;)

 

hmm  what i gonna do..  my plan is stay with PE6 and i will focus more on warm ups..  i think my warm ups will be extended from today. 

Guest

I have found that when I'm stuck on an exercise for a long time, it means that I haven't correctly mastered the previous exercises. An example was when I was stuck on ground rows for 6 months, I then later found out that with hinge rows the glutes were suppose to be off the ground, which I didn't do. 

IcedDante

Updates from people? I think it would be a good experiment if people submitted video of Straddle Ups and V-Ups as well so we can check Adriano's hypothesis that these earlier elements were not truly mastered

Duff

One thing that might help is having someone hold you up(or you could use a band) in the top position while you actively try to stay there.

 

That's what they do with some kids at where I train, you'd have to see the pain faces  :D . Or have your ego crushed when you see others banging out reps while you stretch in a straddle for PE2...