Isn't that the purpose of the wiki section?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
MN/PE6 for so long time
Started by strme, December 17, 2013 · 79 Replies · 3,787 Views
You mean the wiki section of the forums? I never noticed it, but now that you said it... Yes thats exactly what i meant, but it seems the fact that is on the forum is just a temporal measure. According to Cory the content published in there will be eventually passed onto a wiki format. The information will be validated by the moderators and by Coach himself which I think is awesome.
Ill try myself to gather info on the elements Im having trouble and contribute to this. Thanks vinca!!
Ravn said:Cheers, looking good Adriano! While you're killing time, may I suggest you move your feet up one rung?
I'm at 5x5 currently, but with a minute+ between sets. For me the main thing is that the shoulder discomfort had completely vanished, now it's just a matter of battling my napalm-doused abs. Possibly mastery before the new year?
Hi Ravn.
How long did it take before your shoulder discomfort vanised? I`m doing 4x2 and have to stop because my shoulders feel like they are going to explode. I don`t feel it in the muscles, but in the structure off the shoulders (it is probably muscles
). And the pain stays there for 3 days after doing the sets.
simsalabim said:Hi Ravn.
How long did it take before your shoulder discomfort vanised? I`m doing 4x2 and have to stop because my shoulders feel like they are going to explode. I don`t feel it in the muscles, but in the structure off the shoulders (it is probably muscles
). And the pain stays there for 3 days after doing the sets.
Hmm, I would get an uncomfortable pain in my shoulders, but only while doing the sets, not afterwards. If you are having pain for three days, something is wrong and you must decrease intensity urgently.
I did them with reverse grip, which helped remove discomfort and also helped with taking the lats out of the exercise. This worked well for me. After doing these for a while (couple of months), I could do them with the standard grip, without pain.
All in all, I think it took at least six months for me to be able to do them without pain. This is a very potent exercise however, so take your time. You need to allow your body to rebuild itself to handle the loads involved.
Ravn said:Hmm, I would get an uncomfortable pain in my shoulders, but only while doing the sets, not afterwards. If you are having pain for three days, something is wrong and you must decrease intensity urgently.
I did them with reverse grip, which helped remove discomfort and also helped with taking the lats out of the exercise. This worked well for me. After doing these for a while (couple of months), I could do them with the standard grip, without pain.
All in all, I think it took at least six months for me to be able to do them without pain. This is a very potent exercise however, so take your time. You need to allow your body to rebuild itself to handle the loads involved.
Thank you for your answer. Yes it feels like my lats is doing the job on this exercise. I will try them with reverse grip as you said. Seems like hanging exercises like this keep coming in later foundations, so i better be thoroughly.