This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE6 form check

Started by emilianop, November 27, 2013 · 9 Replies · 545 Views

emilianop

Hi all,

  can any of you gentlemen give me some feedback on this element?

After seeing myself I realized I don't raise hips as much as the reference video, so I guess that's something I need to pay more attention to.

 

The main "point of pain" here is that damn metal beam stuck onto my upper back (no stall bars there :( )... when I curl up my vertebrae protrude out and it's not a nice feeling. I need to put some pads in there.

Also, first times I tried this I felt quite a lot of pressure "inside" my shoulders, not sure is this is expected...

 

https://vimeo.com/80433984

 

pass: gbf1

 

Thanks everyone.

 

Keilani Gutierrez

I only think you're getting there because you're perhaps aiming upward and not to touch the bar with your toes. maybe if you do that, i wouldnt doubt that your hips would raise to the appropriate height, your compression looks like only that is missing...which there could then again be a sign of why you're doing this in the first place and you mentioned it- the bar in your back. next time try it with a yoga mat folded over it as many times as you need(on my wood dowels all i need to do is drape it, on the metal i'd suspect that folding it once would do the trick.) give that a shot and re-film.

emilianop

Yep you might be right.

Thinking about it again, I realized that even if I lift hips much more, then I'd have to lower them down when I set straight legs, because of the ceiling there sitting basically where the gripping beam is.

I need to find a better spot for this :(

 

Will post updates (hopefully soon), thanks!

emilianop

New recording, trying to focus more on lifting the hips.

pass: gbf1

 

What do you think?

Ravn

I think that I wish I could do that - Looks very nice!

emilianop

Thanks Ravn.

At the moment I'm at week-9 (4x4x10s) and things are getting pretty though with the increased lifting on the hips; abs are working much more.

I've got the impression next week is gonna be week-fail... :)

emilianop

...aaaand it's done, YAY! :)

Finally I was able to master this, after ages and replacing proper stall bars with crappy equipment.

 

I did mastery on Monday, then on Tuesdays I had chance to have access to real stall bars (the coincidence!) so wanted to test the following progression on them.

I was pretty sure I'd have failed miserably, also considering I had been taxed from the day before, but it was fine and I missed mastery short of two reps only at last set! Talk about the power of eccentric workouts.

Also, after having tried on proper stall bars, I'm convinced I need to find a decent substitute for them.

 

MN/PE7, here I come!

DouglasMN

You worked at it a long time; I bet it feels good to hit mastery! Congrats!

emilianop

Now sure it's supposed to be like that, but after such a long time on MN/PE6, with so long contraction times, PE7 feels *very* easy in comparison.

Today I did 4x5 and wasn't a big deal... has that happened to anyone already?

Gavin S

Yes, yesterday.

 

I tested MN/PE6 and passed it and completed the rest of my training for the day. Just out of curiosity I tried 1 rep of MN/PE8 at the end of my workout and it felt effortless, toes to the bar. I was stoked.