Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why we recommend foundation

mrpraktic

This is my little idea... Administrators, if you think that it is stupid, feel free to delete this post.

Lately, there has been a lot of discussion about answering any question with something like: Foundation is all that you need, just stick with it. Many members don't even try to elaborate their answer. They simply write down: "F1" So, I was thinking to sum up all recommendations and reasons for Foundation on one place.

All of you satisfied users of Foundation program, and all of you people who are really into this, feel free to write down your own personal stories (something like: "Before foundation I was lost but now I'm found" :D) and why is foundation so good.

And then, whenever you want to recommend foundation to someone, you simply send him to this topic.

I think it may be be a good idea to just have a FAQ page with a bunch of the most common questions along with short (a few paragraph max) general descriptions approved by mods along with links to posts they think are relevant.

I think it may be be a good idea to just have a FAQ page with a bunch of the most common questions along with short (a few paragraph max) general descriptions approved by mods along with links to posts they think are relevant.

Is that a volunteer? :) :) :)

Bipocni, I know that it works, you know too, but try to put yourself into position of new member. He know nothing about program. And if you attack him with "shut up and stick up" there is possibility that he will lose interest. From his side of view, there are a lot of programs that promise great results, but are actually scam. Why would this be different?

As I said, this is only idea. If most of community think that there is no reason for calmly (with a lot of patience and reason) explaining on one place why should they use it and what are benefits of program to brand new members..... then so be it.

• Upvote 1

Sean Whitley

This is a great idea. I put off buying H1 for ages because I didn't actually know what it was. Too many posts just saying "buy F1/H1" with no reasoning. What is F1/H1? What am I actually buying? When I saw someone posting that H1 contains wrist prep, shoulder prep and handstand drills, combined with other occasional postings about how it cycles and stuff, some before/after pictures, I decided to buy it (its pretty good. The shoulder and wrist prep are definitely worth it). Now I have seen H1 I finally have a better idea what F1 actually is, I might consider buying it (after I've fixed my elbow tendons)

• Upvote 1

Leandro Santos

Is that a volunteer? :) :) :)

i'm a volunteer, i could search for the commum questions/answers and then post it. 

Well, I would need the permission of cory or coach and i would need to buy the courses to acess more info mayb e and would need helpfull information from some guys, besically, with some support i could do it easy. 

I have a 'mini faq' i made for me on my email  :). This forum is a gold miner .Forum search  :D

I think we reccomend foundation because it adress every question that a begginer had/have or will have in the future. If a guy say to you that he is going to start weightlifting, and question what does he need to start; you say: go to a gym first. Here we say: buy foundation.

Yes your opinion is correct.Sometimes it appear that most of "buy foundation" are said like if the newcomers where machines and not humans, By the other hand, with such hugh ammount of content on the forum, i think that if the begginers would just have the initiative to search a little, there would be no need of the phrase " buy foundation" anymore, as a begginer my self, i found an answer for every question i had by just searching and reading the information in the forum. I think that if they have not even the iniciative to search for anything they want before give up because he didn't like the answer he got, he will not succed in gymnastic as there is much things that he will not like to do and listen others knowledge and will like certainly give up, injury himself or fail.

I see this every time on the forum, every one want to have a physique of a gymnastic, but instead of train like a gymnast focusing on form and following coach advice, they stick doing basic weighted bodyweight exercises using bodybuilding approachs and because they didn't got the results they want they normally do the following:

"Bodyweight exercises don't give muscle growth", 

Try to rush on the training and get injurys.

Give up

Say that the course is bad and get they money back.

Go on with bad form, bad skills and don't get results at all

Continue with bodybuilding approachs  and thinking that what really matter are secconds, reps and progressions instead of loking for the form as first thing.  

People need to understand that coach made the book because to him gymnastic is a serious thing and because he treat people like humans and want them doing things right for their own safety and not doing things anyway like we see in many bodyweight communits and " fitness programs " that make you wast money and say to u continue doing what every one already do without getting what they want.

Olympic Gymnastic is a sport, not only a " muscle building machine" , so, who is better than a person that is a coach on that sport to give advice? 

What i normally see is people comming from weightlifiting and acting with disdain on the forum, full of prejudices and without wanting to hear advice, acting like they where special or something like that and they do not even have the corage to do a little search before making a lot of new threads.

I'm not saying here that this happens every time, but this is what i normally see in lot and lots of threads.

U can see this reality by just looking for the quantity of people that are really progressing in gymnastic on the forum, the ones that really want to do gymnastic are progressing and helping other people on the forum everyday, and the majority of the others come wanting to do things with an agressive spirit, don't progress and keep doing the same and same questions every day, it gets to a point that gets you in the mood to say " buy foundation "

• Upvote 2

Connor Davies

Bipocni, I know that it works, you know too, but try to put yourself into position of new member. He know nothing about program. And if you attack him with "shut up and stick up" there is possibility that he will lose interest. From his side of view, there are a lot of programs that promise great results, but are actually scam. Why would this be different?

As I said, this is only idea. If most of community think that there is no reason for calmly (with a lot of patience and reason) explaining on one place why should they use it and what are benefits of program to brand new members..... then so be it.

.... I was trying to be funny?

Honestly, I went into detailed explanations a few times about why F1 is amazing, as I saw many others do.  The problem is you get tired of explaining the same thing over and over again, and you get frustrated, because why don't they just do the program already?

I think having a collection of peoples reasons why F1 is awesome is a great idea, but then don't we have a success stories page already?  If people are asking questions, and we just respond with a link to the page "Why F1 is awesome" isn't that even worse than what we do now?  It seems so.... impersonal.

• Upvote 1

Leandro Santos

.... I was trying to be funny?

Honestly, I went into detailed explanations a few times about why F1 is amazing, as I saw many others do. The problem is you get tired of explaining the same thing over and over again, and you get frustrated, because why don't they just do the program already?

I think having a collection of peoples reasons why F1 is awesome is a great idea, but then don't we have a success stories page already? If people are asking questions, and we just respond with a link to the page "Why F1 is awesome" isn't that even worse than what we do now? It seems so.... impersonal.

True.

Like I said, i think that if the people just had the iniciative to read the forum we would not need to say "buy foundation" anymore because there is already a lot of information in the forum. I really get skeptical when i see people making threads about weightlifting and things llike this that were adressed a lot of times in the forum.

Just compare this programs with other programs on the internet, here on there forum we have testemonials, videos, tutorials, the coach , and over 1000 threads but the people come, don't read the threads, make the same questions and the majority don't buy the program . When you enter other fitness sites, yoou only see a page with some pictiures and lots of talk a of how good the program is and how a lot of begginers gained 10 pounds doing it, these programs are some times much more expensive than coach programs and people buy. But here, the people the majority of the time act like if thet were inocent child and still doing the things im the manner they want to do. I already saw guys wanting to learn gymnastics and buying other bodyweight programs instead of the one coach made, who gonna to understand this. I saw guys sending coach program back and buying littlebeastM instead of it, like i said, who is going to understand this.

I agree with you that there are a lot of information on this forum. Much more than anywhere else in sport/fitness world forums. But all those information are scattered across forum. I was just thinking that it would be good idea to sum up some of that. Because, it is human nature to go the path of least resistance. My personal opinion is that people who are new to this would be happier if they could have most important information on one place, instead of searching forum.

That is why I think that FAQ is even better than this. It will sum up all important stuff on one place.

I think having a collection of peoples reasons why F1 is awesome is a great idea, but then don't we have a success stories page already?  If people are asking questions, and we just respond with a link to the page "Why F1 is awesome" isn't that even worse than what we do now?  It seems so.... impersonal. 

I really don't know what to say about this... you are correct. It seems impersonal just responding with a link, but if outcome of that answer benefit individual, I am sure that he will forget answer that get him there.  

Alessandro Mainente

We recommend foundation because in that way you are sure to do WHAT YOU NEED and not WHAT YOU WANT.

• Upvote 5

Leandro Santos

I agree with you that there are a lot of information on this forum. Much more than anywhere else in sport/fitness world forums. But all those information are scattered across forum.

We have the search button :) . But yes i certainly agree with you that a Faq with an answer to some basic questions would be helpfull, but training wise it would not be good because:

1- in the long run it would not be enough.

2- if we were going to adress every question, people would stop buying foundation. 

I liked what you did man, because sometimes i got bored too after seeing so much of the "buy foundation", i think that the "buy foundation" is necessary but we must be balanced on that too because i think that if we base yourselves soo much on that, the forum will slowly die everyday unless we could " socialize " on something like workout logs or other things that would create member interaction which i think that is lacking a little today.

Erik Rissanen

I have thought about this myself. Other programs are marketed much more intensively and professionally and claim quick results so they are superficially more attractive. Also, the beginning steps of F1 look sort of lame (honestly...) for an outsider, even if they are actually really challenging for a beginner and are the opening gate to something truly impressive.

My personal experience is that I find F1 challenging, but I also make progress. This means it's productive for me.

As for why I think F1 is the starting point to something truly awesome is from my experience of lurking here in the forums for a couple of years. There is so much credible discussion and proven personal stories. Also Coach Sommer's credentials are very solid.

As for how to make an outsider interested, the above applies, but the most likely way this is going to become really, really big is virally. In the coming years, as more and more athletes here start showing off to their friends, interest will grow. There is a solid productive program here, which will spread. It might not be for everyone because the goals of people differ, but I think for those who find the goals of these program appealing, I think Foundation and its coming siblings will gain a very good reputation over the next few years.

• Upvote 2

Joshua Slocum

As for how to make an outsider interested, the above applies, but the most likely way this is going to become really, really big is virally. In the coming years, as more and more athletes here start showing off to their friends, interest will grow. There is a solid productive program here, which will spread. It might not be for everyone because the goals of people differ, but I think for those who find the goals of these program appealing, I think Foundation and its coming siblings will gain a very good reputation over the next few years.

Yes, I think the biggest jump in interest from newcomers will be in a few years, when the first crop of athletes has gone through the whole pipeline and finished Rings 4+Hungarian, and have a ton of fancy moves to show off. Until then, it's difficult to get through to people that "hey, this is the kind of training you should do if you want to get real results."

• Upvote 2

FREDERIC DUPONT

(...) this is the kind of training you should do if you want to get real results."

At this moment you have the choice between:

Norbert Lambda Schmuck copy pasted program from internet that sells an easy 12 pounds gains under 12 weeks, a six pack, all the cool moves now, and the dick of a horse,

or,

Coach Sommer's hard "F" work, slow progress, abs that'll look what they look later -don't-worry-about-it-, bleh incline push ups to start with, and a shriveling appendage just thinking of ABH!

Marketing wise, you have a winner! :P

:D

• Upvote 2

FREDERIC DUPONT

Ah hem!   :(

LOL

Hard work, effort, dedication, incremental progress, diligence & delayed gratification do not sell as well as get-the-rewards-now-for-zero-efforts-here-is-the-magic-powder-pass-me-your-money-in-365-easy-payments-and-move-on-in-3-months scams...

It is not for everyone: this is a very welcoming, but highly demanding and exclusive community. :) It does attract like minded people.

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

LOL

Hard work, effort, dedication, incremental progress, diligence & delayed gratification do not sell as well as get-the-rewards-now-for-zero-efforts-here-is-the-magic-powder-pass-me-your-money-in-365-easy-payments-and-move-on-in-3-months scams...

It is not for everyone: this is a very welcoming, but highly demanding and exclusive community. :) It does attract like minded people.

I agree. Personally, I only feel inclined to recommend F1/H1 on this Forum to someone who is asking pointed questions about GST programming and progressions. Even then, the discipline, patience and focus required for these programs is quite considerable, and I don’t think you can  expect every fitness enthousiast to possess those attributes (please note that I try to be neutral and don’t call them qualities). The programs (to me at least) are veritable ego crushers with the minute attention to detail that mastery of all these exercises requires. And, if there is anything I know about today’s fitness madness then ego crushing -if it is their own- is not what most people are looking for (unless they can wear it as some badge of honor, like, for example the “pukie bucket†for crossfitters). So, in answer to the OP, I think that all the information about the Foundation programs on this Forum is more than enough to convince those who are “seriously†interested in GST to start with Foundation (of course, assuming they have the money for it). They should know that these programs take quite a bit of commitment. Telling them that they should get started because it is the best program for me personally, would be misleading. They are not me. I had rather leave it to them to discover why they like the program. 

All they need to know is that there is a money back guarantee.

• Upvote 4

Leandro Santos

I agree. Personally, I only feel inclined to recommend F1/H1 on this Forum to someone who is asking pointed questions about GST programming and progressions. Even then, the discipline, patience and focus required for these programs is quite considerable, and I don’t think you can  expect every fitness enthousiast to possess those attributes (please note that I try to be neutral and don’t call them qualities). The programs (to me at least) are veritable ego crushers with the minute attention to detail that mastery of all these exercises requires. And, if there is anything I know about today’s fitness madness then ego crushing -if it is their own- is not what most people are looking for (unless they can wear it as some badge of honor, like, for example the “pukie bucket†for crossfitters). So, in answer to the OP, I think that all the information about the Foundation programs on this Forum is more than enough to convince those who are “seriously†interested in GST to start with Foundation (of course, assuming they have the money for it). They should know that these programs take quite a bit of commitment. Telling them that they should get started because it is the best program for me personally, would be misleading. They are not me. I had rather leave it to them to discover why they like the program. 

All they need to know is that there is a money back guarantee.

All they need to know is : the size of their dedication to match up to the size of what they want to achieve. This will be key even before starting.