Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A few teaser pics of what foundation creates

Daniel Burnham

Daniel Burnham

These are a few stills from some of my training videos where I check form. Most of these are not perfect but I thought is put up a teaser here. I plan on posting videos once these things are perfected and am getting close to that goal. The manna is especially bad in this photo but as of right now I'm only able to get about one a training session and that's usually the first one done in my warmup circuit. I will also post a few comparison videos from last year around this time. Just for this wondering I was working open tuck planche, and didn't even have a good vsit or any straddle l. The seminars are totally worth it of you are serious about your training.

post-2228-0-35830600-1374965992_thumb.jp

post-2228-0-19288500-1374966011_thumb.jp

post-2228-0-27705900-1374966032_thumb.jp

post-2228-0-06975300-1374966053_thumb.jp

• Upvote 22

George Vere

...Just for this wondering I was working open tuck planche, and didn't even have a good vsit or any straddle l. 

And that's where I am (was) when I started foundation (no way of me getting to a seminar)

That's amazing! Damn, I can't wait to get back to the upper body work!

Wow! The Manna is my goal at the end of Summer 2014. How long have you been training it and did you follow the foundation series or the coach at your gym to achieve it? Also, how long can you hold it? 

Daniel Burnham

I

Very nice Daniel! Are you going to submit clips for the community compilation video?

I actually had not planned on it. My videos are not terribly exciting and I would rather wait a few weeks to show more polished stuff off. Also I should have some more advanced elements fairly soon like cross, vsit on rings, solid planche on rings in a matter of weeks/ months.

Wow! The Manna is my goal at the end of Summer 2014. How long have you been training it and did you follow the foundation series or the coach at your gym to achieve it? Also, how long can you hold it?

I followed foundation and added some assistance exercises that one of my coaches (who also learned manna as an adult) gave me. I also invented some assistance exercises myself. I wouldn't be surprised if the finished version of foundation had a lot of similar exercises in mobility as the most useful things I learned were from the seminar. I would say I've been working towards it since starting lsit though I didn't realize it so that would be two years total.

I can hold the position shown above for two seconds. When I get flatter it gets harder and is only momentary. It honestly isn't too taxing but is very hard to balance through the triceps.

Alessandro Mainente

i want your manna...i'm very jealous! 

one day maybe in 20XX i'll achieve my manna.

i will be the first ex-football player with manna!

Daniel Burnham

I should also mention that I had never done gymnastics prior to GB training. In fact last summer is the first time I ever went into a gymnastic gym to train. I started at 21 yrs old and am 23 now.

• Upvote 9

Martin Heilmann

I should also mention that I had never done gymnastics prior to GB training. In fact last summer is the first time I ever went into a gymnastic gym to train. I started at 21 yrs old and am 23 now.

Your progress is just amazing ! For me you are definitly both a huge inspiration and motivation. I wish you all the best for your further training :)

Jon Douglas

Truly inspring, especially with the time frame!

Excuse me, I think I should be training right now....

• Upvote 2

Connor Davies

I can hold the position shown above for two seconds. When I get flatter it gets harder and is only momentary. It honestly isn't too taxing but is very hard to balance through the triceps.

So how does manna compare to a V sit then?  Which is harder on your core?

Sailor Venus

Very nice!

i will be the first ex-football player with manna!

Lol I'm an ex-football player myself now turned gymnast too. What position were you? Wide receiver? Running back? I was d end.

Alessandro Mainente

sorry man...i've written wrong..i mean soccer player  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

• Upvote 1

Anthony Thompson

Awesome progress Daniel, hope I can replicate you're results. Keep up the good work dude😉

Daniel Burnham

So how does manna compare to a V sit then?  Which is harder on your core?

I don't find either to be particularly hard on the core anymore. But I'd guess vsit is harder on core in final position but if you have strength for manna I think vsit would be easy. My vsit got much better when I just started training manna. I consider vsit to just be lsit with compression. Manna is much much harder. It's the lift from the shoulder and hold in the triceps that makes manna difficult.

• Upvote 1

FREDERIC DUPONT

sorry man...i've written wrong..i mean soccer player  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Nope, you were not wrong; what "they" call football is actually "rugby for sissies" :D

[/end hijack]

• Upvote 7

Keenan Smith

These are a few stills from some of my training videos where I check form. Most of these are not perfect but I thought is put up a teaser here. I plan on posting videos once these things are perfected and am getting close to that goal. The manna is especially bad in this photo but as of right now I'm only able to get about one a training session and that's usually the first one done in my warmup circuit. I will also post a few comparison videos from last year around this time. Just for this wondering I was working open tuck planche, and didn't even have a good vsit or any straddle l. The seminars are totally worth it of you are serious about your training.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Question, if you attend do you get certified to be able to teach other the methods or is it just so that you can say that you attended?

I would love to pick up this as a cert sometime in the next 2-3 yrs.

Connor Davies

...I followed foundation and added some assistance exercises that one of my coaches (who also learned manna as an adult) gave me. I also invented some assistance exercises myself....

what assistance exercises would that be, if you don't mind my asking?  The only really good one I know is AG walks, and I'm still trying to bridge the gap between them and reverse planks.

Sorry to pepper you with questions, it's just there aren't that many people out there who have actually accomplished a manna.  Very impressive, especially for only two years of work.

Daniel Burnham

what assistance exercises would that be, if you don't mind my asking? The only really good one I know is AG walks, and I'm still trying to bridge the gap between them and reverse planks.

Sorry to pepper you with questions, it's just there aren't that many people out there who have actually accomplished a manna. Very impressive, especially for only two years of work.

I actually wouldn't consider Ag walks to be direct assistance work to manna. I can't really give you guys a list of manna mobility drills because one they are part the seminar cirriculum and two, most of you should focus in developing the precursor strength for this skill or you will simply stall out. With that said it takes a great deal of shoulder extension to push into it and that is what most people fail to build.

Daniel Burnham

Question, if you attend do you get certified to be able to teach other the methods or is it just so that you can say that you attended?

I would love to pick up this as a cert sometime in the next 2-3 yrs.

Certifications are only given when you can prove mastery of the under the watchful eye of one of the GB staff. Simply going to the seminar will not get you certified. They are actually quite tough to pass. I felt that I was thoroughly prepared for the first one and while most of it was a breeze for me one of the mobility drills nearly knocked me out. There were other guys, one much stronger than I, who had similar problems.

You should go to the seminar to learn first and foremost. The tools there are indispensable. It is like the old saying. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. Personally I would rather fish.

I actually wouldn't consider Ag walks to be direct assistance work to manna. I can't really give you guys a list of manna mobility drills because one they are part the seminar cirriculum and two, most of you should focus in developing the precursor strength for this skill or you will simply stall out. With that said it takes a great deal of shoulder extension to push into it and that is what most people fail to build.

Manna isn't one of my goals, but I'm curious as to how much shoulder extension strength is needed to hold yourself up in that position? I know the press to manna from L-sit/MSH takes a lot of shoulder extension strength, but what about just the Manna position with the legs counterbalancing your hips and what muscles do you feel? I know you said that it was easier on the core than a V-sit.

Daniel Burnham

Manna isn't one of my goals, but I'm curious as to how much shoulder extension strength is needed to hold yourself up in that position? I know the press to manna from L-sit/MSH takes a lot of shoulder extension strength, but what about just the Manna position with the legs counterbalancing your hips and what muscles do you feel? I know you said that it was easier on the core than a V-sit.

I feel a lot of strain in my triceps during the the top. Granted I'm not quite flat so it may be a bit different. When I get spotted all the way to horizontal I feel a but of relief but still a great deal of strain in the shoulder to hold me up and keep balanced. Keeping shoulders retracted is one of the more difficult parts.