Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help me with my new SSC? :)

Jeff Hali

Hey guys I'll try making it short :

I would love to buy the foundation series as soon as I get a creditcard (parents dont trust the internet :( ) but until then does my workout plan look o.k.??

I've just finished 3 months of doing

15x4 tuck/flat tuck bl (never know with this because i cant see myself!)

15x4 1 leg FL

20x3 l sit

20x3 tuck planche

Plus the WOD

I've been reading around here that you should not do too many things for the FSP portion, I am very motivated but also very confused so your help would be much appreciated !

Which movements would you recommend me to focus?

I was planning to start with:

10mins hs work

5 mins manna work

Adv lsit/straddle l sit (maybe both?)

BL

FL

planche (in what order should they be done??)

And then start a workout.

*not sure if i should also add the 60s work on the 'basic' moves like hollow hold,plank, etc

And do you think I could skip f1 at my level and start with f2 perhaps??

Thanks in advance,any thought is welcomed

(Sorry for my English I'm pretty sure I made some mistakes feel free to correct me,it is not my native language)

Connor Davies

NO.  Absolutely not.  People on this board with full lay planche, front lever and one arm chins have benefited from the work in F1.

As to adding 60s for the prerequisites, I'd recommend dropping all work for a cycle and working up to 5x60 on all of them.

It shouldn't take too long, but they're the basics for a reason.

Hey thanks for the quick reply.

Anyway I'll take your answer as a 'yes you should still do the basic moves' , but taking it as far as

Only working on them? Wouldn't it harm my progress ? Looks like kinda low volume+intensity ...(i can already do 60s of each, never tested 5 sets of it,would probably fail on the hollow hold only)

Connor Davies

In that case you're probably okay to move on.  Maybe include 60s of each as a warmup before your main static work.

If you're unable to pay for the Foundation program just yet, (I was in your boat once, and I sympathise) I would suggest the Killroy70 template found here https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/1532-killroy-70-beginner-template/

A lot of forum members had great results with it.

Edit: I suppose you would work straddle L first (I hazard a guess that a good straddle L will help with the middle split hold of manna training) followed by 360 pulls (back/front lever training) then planche....  Makes sense to me.

If you want to progress to V sit or manna, I wouldn't move on from L sit until you can do it palms flat on the floor, straight legs, retracted(ish) scapula and hips in line with / in front of the hands for 60 seconds.

I would recommend including some pancake stretches and straddle/pike seated leg lifts.

Update: just tested my new maxes, unsatisfied compared to last cycle's results :( (maybe I was tired today? Maybe it's because I took a week off to rest?) almost no progress in the fsp's after 3 months sucks!

I think I'll give killroy's routine a chance using bl/fl/pl/straddle L+lots of hs work

/unhappy

Edit: whoa strong hivemind! I just read your comment and it's pretty much what I was thinking

Anyway thanks, I'll follow your advice!(and any other insights that might come by here)

Connor Davies

Something to remember when killroy70 was doing his static work he was doing 7-10 sets of each exercise.

Joshua Slocum

The only condition under which it is advisable to 'skip' parts of Foundation is when you can complete a mastery set for an exercise and it's integrated mobility element. If you can't complete the mastery test for a given element, that is a sign that your time will be spent most productively on training that element before moving on. Given your level of strength, it's likely you'll find you need to start pretty much from the beginning on most elements. 

Michael Blythe

You should get a pre paid credit card at Walmart or food store and buy f1. It will save you a lot of time

Mikkel Ravn

You should get a pre paid credit card at Walmart or food store and buy f1. It will save you a lot of time

This ^

If you're unhappy with F1, you can get your money back, but you'll never get your wasted time back doodling around with various approaches that are dead ends. The Killroy template may be ok to begin with, but if you're serious about your training, make the most of your time and get on the bandwagon. It's where its at, so find a way and get on board.

Welcome! :)

Connor Davies

The foundation program takes a long time, but I've been training for a long time now and I wish I'd been on the foundation program the whole time...

• Upvote 2

Nicholas Herreros

I second and third that! I spent about 3 good years following WOD's thinking I knew how to scale them and also did the killroy template only to realize I was lacking something somewhere. I did enjoy myself trying in the meantime. But getting F1 was the best decision I've made about GST. So go sell some old stuff and purchase F1. You won't regret it.