Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Killroy70 - Questions?

Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

I came across Killroy70s workout and I want to try it but I have a few questions for those who are familiar with it.

1) I dont know any Multi-Plane exercises other than Yewkis and Rev Yewkis. What are some other exercises?

2) Are there other combination or Moves that I could be doing on this day. I was thinking of practicing muscleups on this day and maybe 360 Pulls. Are these worthwhile or should i just stick to single plane movements and forget this Multi Day.

3) Also for the Curling and Dipping Day, what are some curling movemnets? The only one i know of is inverted pullups. Anyone have a video for proper Inv Pullups? What other Movements apply here for curling?

4) Lastly, for the FBEs in Killroys workout, how many exercises and sets? I see details in the statics but none for the FBEs, it just says vertical push/pull. How many exercises and sets/reps?

Thanks

Jeff Walker

Anyone have any details on how many FBEs he did. I see detailed info on the sets and exercises for the statics but i dont see any details for the FBEs, it just says pulling/pushing variations. Anyone have any details?

Jon Douglas

This is all straight out of BtGB. 4 day split rotating through the planes of movement.

As I recall (I could be wrong) he started at a challenging 3x3, and when he reached 5x5 on a given element he moved onto the next progression.

Jon Douglas

So he did one FBE?

Why don't you PM him if you're set on following this to the letter? I assume it was one push, one pull based on the  rotation. But I didn't follow this program.

There is H1F1, and the old WoDs are listed if you are looking for proven splits, someone else may chime in with their experiences on this template.

Not that there's anything wrong with this one, it's just that the programming by Coach Sommers for GST students (particularly beginners) has come a long way since btgb. It'll work, probably, but it doesn't have the refinements based on the experiences of lab rats contributors to this forum, nor the mobility elements which are an integral part of the whole program.

Jon Douglas

Yep, I found the post and right there in the initial template it says

"[it's] been the 4 FSP's followed by 2 FBE, 4 days/week."

Straightforward.

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/1532-killroy-70-beginner-template/

Couple posts down--

"My set/rep scheme has been GENERALLY 4-6 sets x 3-5 reps. What I've done is begin at whatever stage I'm ready for in a given FBE (fundamental bodyweight exercise) and work it until I can perform at least 5 sets of 5 perfect reps, then move up to a harder variation. I'll use my horizontal push as an example:"