Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Tiago Buhr

How To Include Weight Training With Foundation 1?

Awesome Alessandro. My diet is basically this: I don't count calories, but try to stay in a calorie surplus of 200-500 calories per day. Eat mostly vegetarian, with fish and eggs. I'm thinking of adding Creatine supplementation. I follow Dr. Valter Longo's "Longevity Diet" from this book: https://valterlongo.com/daily-longevity-diet-for-adults/ Is this a good enough diet to build muscles? By doing that, can I add some more training with the big lifts (deadlift, squat, shoulder press, etc...)? Thank you, Tiago
  3. Today
  4. Ricky Ward

Recovering from a hamstring strain

I strained my right hamstring and a few weeks back and have started using the restore series to recover. I want to start progressing but I know the front split and side split series Are going to be too intense for my hamstring. I have lost most if not all of my flexibility in my right side straddle stretch and pancake. I reduced all of my training during to week to just a couple of days and it mainly upper body, thoracic bridge, core and restore. My question is should I start to implement the 30 lower body class along with the restore series or is there a better way to go about it?
  5. Alessandro Mainente

INTERNAL HIP ROTATION

Hey Ross, you can use the swivel hips exercise from planche progression BUT staying with the back to the wall (rather than supporting yourself with the hands) and simply pushing doing internally the knee without raising the corresponding glutes from the floor.
  6. George Traganidas 235308

Planche wrist position

Thanks. I had seen some videos of calisthenics guys doing planches with hands at 90 degrees and that got me asking. But less than 45 sounds good.
  7. Jeffrey Bittner

Planche wrist position

You can place your hands where they are most comfortable, but try not to go past 45 degrees if possible.
  8. Nick Murray

Has anyone built their own lifting platform?

Thanks Jin! Yes, am still in Australia, working from home so my gym is 20s walk away And I've just discovered the home gym subreddit https://old.reddit.com/r/homegym so lots more ideas there (I didn't know you can buy folding power racks...). I know the brainshaking noise you mean...
  9. George Traganidas 235308

Planche wrist position

When you are doing push ups the fingers should point forward. When you are doing planche work should the fingers point to the side (90 degrees to the body) or should they point diagonal (45 degrees to the body)? Thanks, George
  10. Yesterday
  11. Ross Richardson

INTERNAL HIP ROTATION

I have a full access membership so am able to follow any of the things you can suggest, thanks
  12. Jin Liu

Has anyone built their own lifting platform?

Yea, it was 8 ft x 8 ft, and it’s plenty big for Olympic weightlifting (enough space for you to miss a lift safely). If you are not doing Oly weightlifting, maybe a 4x8 would be big enough (for squats and deadlifts, etc). My platform has 3 layers of wood. Bottom two layers (4 pieces of 4x8) are engineered wood, just for sturdiness and floor protection. Top layer is a piece of good quality hardwood, also 4x8. I put this one in the middle. So there’s a 2x8 gap on both sides. I filled it in with horse stall mats. They are basically hard rubber. Inexpensive, but it has an unpleasant rubber odor that would eventually go away (for mine it took like 9months). You can always use real gym flooring for it if you don’t mind the price. I remember you are in Australia? In US I got all of the wood boards from Home Depot, and the stall mats from a tractor store. The thicknesses all match, and the surface end up pretty flush. A co-worker of mine told me he built a platform that absorbs some of the noise of weight dropping. That’d be lovely. Cuz I do find my platform gives a kind of brain vibrating hard noise when weights drop on it. Took me a while to get used to. Maybe it’s just me, lol. But worth checking it out. I’m sure you can google it.
  13. Alessandro Mainente

How To Include Weight Training With Foundation 1?

Hi Tiago, there are no exercises that lead to muscle building if you do not pair training with proper diet. You can train with tons of weightlifting but if the metabolic set point is not correctly paired there is no way to build up muscles.
  14. Alessandro Mainente

INTERNAL HIP ROTATION

Ho Ross, lack internal hip rotation is related to posterior chain tightness. if you have GB products i can give you more suggestions.
  15. Ross Richardson

INTERNAL HIP ROTATION

I have next to 0 internal hip rotation which I am starting to feel may be holding me back in many areas. can anyone suggest the best ways I can improve this please. thank you in advance.
  16. Last week
  17. I've been doing Foundation 1 and all the Movement Series for close to two years. I'm starting to reach the end of Foundation 1 and will move to Foundation 2 soon. One thing that I've noticed, is that the Gymnasticbodies exercises, while excellent, are perhaps not the best for building muscle mass. I want to build a little bit of muscle through a workout routine with the main big lifts (squat, deadlift, pull up, shoulder press). How can I include this in my regular routine without putting too much strain on myself, and possibly harming the results I get from the Gymnastic Bodies training? Has anyone done this? What are the recommendations here? Thank you very much!
  18. Asad Chaman-Ali

Rope climb OAC conditioning

Oh and one last question the rope i have at home its a bit awkward to take it with me to the gym in the gym bag even though it is mostly 2,80cm 3meter What would other substitues be when building up to the second and third progression be uneven towel pull ups one hand high and one hand lower on the towel mimicking the rope climb progressions if climbings ropes isnt available at my gym. progressions before moving on to the final progression. I love most of the time the gym more than i love working out at home when all this quarantine is over. I do have plan to do full legless rope climbs when i am to the 4th final progression. But main point is i love the gym more than i love working out at home!
  19. Shivayan Bhattacharjee

progressing from headstand to handstand leg raises

Good afternoon coach, I know I am digging quite deep into the forums, but I couldn't for the life of me do the Headstand Reverse Leg lift for the Side lever progression using a regular tripod headstand. Using the "straight arm headstand," config for reverse leg lift helped immensely! Thank you.
  20. Timothy Letscher

DIY Plyo Box

Thanks Nick. You should see my TRX - It's climbing rope and I cut some 1" pvc pipe for handles. Works so far, but I'll pony up for the real thing soon, as in, rings.
  21. Sadly the parks dept removed the pullup bars from the exercise equipment (they would have been easy to sanitize w/ alcohol). Looking online, I see: - high bars for kids (i actually thought about this as I'm just 150 lb, but looks like even if they say they take more static weight, my leverage for being taller would bust it on something dynamic) - pullup bars that have some problem with being too fancy with special grips, not wide enough (I need about 37" width for bulgarians), or not possible to do a pullover - pullup bars as part of a power rack - tensioned high bar that's good enough for everything but giants (and is 6 feet wide and costs 2k) What I would like is something that has clearance above for pullovers and naners, is strong enough for an adult, but not a power rack or tensioned high bar. Is there anything like this out there?
  22. Asad Chaman-Ali

Rope climb OAC conditioning

Okay i write this because i decided to listen to both that guy maintente alessandro and coach sommers advice to building up the rope climb progression legless. I can see feel what they mean by soft tissue conditioning strenghtening. Its strange because those periods of time were i do legless rope climb progressions variations i am also somehow capable of doing for some small sets some 7-10 sec controlled OAC negatives other times i dont i just drop down too fast. But i can really see now why rope climbs is more specific for joint connective tissue adaptations for the OAC. I have however done long before i did start with the rope climb progressions specific OAC work but i feel the progress is too slow but i now clearly see why legless rope climb progressions as connective tissue conditioning for the One arm chin up. I am however still on the first stage stages of the rope climb progressions.
  23. Jonathan Skubis

How to Make Stall Bars

I started GB about 7 months ago and then the pandemic hit and all the gyms closed. Being that all my business travel was cancelled and I had some free time I went overboard and did a whole tutorial on how to build your own Stall Bars. I hope you all find it useful and let me know if you have any questions. You can find the detailed instructions and video here: https://www.jfskubis.com/post/how-to-make-stall-bars I hope it adds some value to your training! I know you all probably love GB as much as I do and don't want to see an end to your progress!
  24. Jonathan Skubis

Stall Bars on Amazon - which one?

I see a lot of people running into the same issue with stall bars, either they were too expensive, not sturdy enough, or sold out. I just built a set myself, metal bars, 42" wide, and came out to be around $200. Didn't take many tools either. I wrote a blog on How to Make Stall Bars here: https://www.jfskubis.com/post/how-to-make-stall-bars There are detailed step by step instructions as well as a video for visual reference and I also include my backstrap setup. Hope you all enjoy!
  25. Jonathan Skubis

Back straps

So I finally was able to put this all together and will post in the Equipment section as well. I hope folks will find it helpful, it also includes my backstrap setup at the end of the video. Here's a link to my journey in How to Make Stall Bars https://www.jfskubis.com/post/how-to-make-stall-bars This is up on my blog. I have detailed step-by-step instructions on materials, tools, assembly, etc. I also have a video of the whole project embedded. Hope you all enjoy!
  26. Nick Murray

DIY Plyo Box

That's good work! Nothing like building your own equipment
  27. Raymond Burton

How often to do the knee series?

Thank you Alessandro
  28. Alessandro Mainente

How often to do the knee series?

HI Raymond, doing more is not necessary. if you are progressing....stay with the actual template. if you fail on finding the optimal work because you are doing too much....well...it's too late. there is always time to add more work. but if less work works...doing less is better.
  29. Edward Vella

Accountability buddy

I might be down for this. Just started working with the introduction stuff for the last month but could see the benefit in having someone to Check in with And share advice
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.