Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. Last week
  4. Alessandro Mainente

How to incorporate OAP to training

Hi Fernando, incorporating OAP prematurely can lead to serious elbows and shoulder problem. I had to work with people who dislocated their claviculae with premature oap training, some of them got medial and outer elbow tendonitis. so personally, before beginning, you need to have a minimum of bent arm pulling variation. I suggest you work on foundations till the completion of rope climbing section foundation 4. I'm not a liar if i say that 2 of my students had the one arm pullup after completing the rope climbing work.
  5. FERNANDO OLIVERA Z

How to incorporate OAP to training

Hi guys, right now i want to learn really hard OAP, but im also focusing on 2 skills FL and Planche. I train FL (monday and thursday) with front lever hold, full rom fl raises & ADV- tuck pull ups, the other days i train legs and planche. Is it wise to start incorporatin OAP with a pulley on FL days?
  6. Shaun Purvis

Tips to improve arch body hold?

Yes, I assume that’s the Total Body stretch. Guess I just have to be patient. And sure, ill try the course forums next time.
  7. Toma Tomov

Band Series Frequency

Hi Allan, Thank you very much for your advice! Your videos on the GB facebook page are kind of why I'm here. Wish you all the gold medals there are Best, Toma Tomov
  8. Allan Bower

Band Series Frequency

Hi Toma, Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to GymnasticBodies training! At first, I would recommend following the suggested one or two band workouts each week as many of these movements and exercises are completely different from anything you may have experienced before. It is very important to gradually build the strength and mobility required for each of these 'Band Courses' as they will target your joints, tendons, and any weak points that you may have in your muscles. As you become more familiar with these courses, you can then begin to increase the frequency to 2-4 of the band workouts each week. In my own training, (and after years of GymnasticBodies practice) I complete 'Chest and Scap', 'Elbow/Wrist', and 'Rotator Cuff' at the beginning of each of my workouts. I also complete the 'Ring Prep' before any ring strength and the 'Ankle' course before any running/single leg work. These courses are perfect to get the blood flowing and to wake up your muscles/joints before completing any of the other courses! I hope that this helps and good luck with your future training! Best, Allan Bower
  9. Toma Tomov

Band Series Frequency

Hi, I'm a newcomer to GST, so I would like to apologize in the event that this question has been answered before, and I was unable to find the answer during my searches. I am working my way through the Fundamentals Course, and I found advice regarding the frequency of redoing previous elements, as well as advice regarding the frequency of Restore Series training, however there doesn't seem to be an answer regarding the frequency with which Band Series workouts are to be repeated. Now the suggested Intro schedules for the first weeks introduce one or two band workouts, but they are different ones, and I don't think that the Band Series is intended to be repeated only once or twice a month. Can somebody help out with advice on the frequency with which the Band Series workouts should be repeated? Also, can the entire series be repeated at the same time like Restore, or should each sequence be treated as a separate workout?
  10. Alessandro Mainente

Hi Shaun, welcome to GB. probably you need more spine mobility. do you have included in your schedule the TB stretch course? also remember to ask questions in the private section.
  11. Shaun Purvis

I just started the GST program using the default coach program for starters and it quickly became apparent that I really suck at the arch body hold or anything similar. My shoulders feel like they block, preventing my arms from raising, and I think my back is just reluctant to cooperate as well as I can hardly lift my upper body off the ground without putting up a major fight with myself. On the other, my wife seems to make it look effortless Any tips on some extra exercises/stretches to help rid me of this obvious weakness?
  12. Shaun Purvis

Gymnastic conditionning for climbing

There’s actually a blog article in the public domain on exactly this topic titled “Climber’s Guide: A Gymnastics Cross-Training Toolkit”. I’m also a long-time climber and tried that routine... well at least I thought I was a climber :P
  13. Marian Brinkman

Foundations vs Elements 1

Following this thread. Helpful info, thanks.
  14. Earlier
  15. Alessandro Mainente

Getting started

Hey Marian, the Easy and hard is related to course where mastery is required like foundations, handstand, movement etc. on other courses like stretch there is no rate.
  16. Alessandro Mainente

Hanging leg lift form

Sorry Juris, i've forgotten an "m"...limbs.
  17. Juris Baltacs

Hanging leg lift form

Thank you, but what do you mean by lower libs? Google can't help me with that.
  18. Alessandro Mainente

Hanging leg lift form

Both bent knees and lack of compression of lower libs on the upper body.
  19. Juris Baltacs

Hanging leg lift form

I am doing the foundation one course. Do you think I lack mobility because of the bent legs in the video?
  20. Marian Brinkman

Getting started

I just started GB this week—excited! A couple questions: 1) Could somebody tell me where it is that I rate a class ‘too easy’ or ‘too hard?’ I saw it at one point, but now I can’t find where that is. 2) I purchased the monthly membership, with access to all course matierial. I noticed in “My Schedule” that at first, there was a link/option to choose “coach’s plan,” or something like that. This week, a new workout plan populated, but rather than “coach’s plan” link next to it, the link said “choose a plan.” I clicked on “choose a plan” and I changed the schedule to “Intro, week 1.” I wanted to compare this “Intro, week 1” plan to the previous default plan, but I can’t seem to get back to the initial default plan. How do I get back to the default plan? And what happened to the “coach’s plan” option?
  21. Alessandro Mainente

Hanging leg lift form

Personally, i think that you do not have the necessary range of motion to do it, so basically you need to improve the passive flexibility. are you following foundations?
  22. Stephen Desrosiers

Thank you for the new course plans

I agree! It looks awesome, is more organized and I love the “My Purchases” tab so everything I’ve bought has its own dedicated section. Also, clicking on the Warm Up, Mobility, Strength etc... boxes and having just those particular classes pop up, I think is very beneficial for people new to this!
  23. Juris Baltacs

Hanging leg lift form

I reposted my original question in another thread, as this turned out to be the wrong one. === Hey! I also have a question on the hanging leg lift. Here is a video of my rep for the negative hanging leg lift: https://youtu.be/6AhbcESjidM This is as slow as I can do it, and having a 10 second decline seems out of reach at the moment. Is there an intermediate step between this exercise and the hanging leg lift? I feel like I can do the hanging leg lift with good form, but the jump from hanging leg lifts to negative hanging leg lifts is quite big. Would appreciate your thoughts on my form or any comments on my form.
  24. Alessandro Mainente

scapular health

Hi Victor, there are no single exercises. the AC joint stability is possible due to a correct scapulae kinematics. this means that there should be: -free range of motion on all the possible 3d directions comprising upper arm movement; 1)flexion/extension; 2)horizontal adduction/horizontal abduction 3)internal rotation/external rotation and a combination of them; then we can add the scapulae movement: 1)retraction/retraction 2)elevation/depression 3)upward rotation/downward rotation 4)anterior tilt/anterior tilt then we can add spine movement: 1)flexion/extension 2)side flexion/side extension 3)twisting The stabilization of the scapulae is done by fitting the ability to have a range of motion or a combination of one or more range of motion in arm, scapulae and spine PLUS exercise to actively explore them. so the amount of exercises you can do is almost infinite. You can decide to pick up a good bible of shoulder kinematics like Kapandjii and study on your own all the process or follow our programs. foundations, thoracic bridge course and handstand have everything you need to stabilize your shoulders
  25. Stephen Collings

Head pressure during handstands and headstands

Hello coach! Thank you very much for the advice, and for the encouragement given by the suggestion that I might build up the necessary robustness if I go back and approach again gradually. I will take your advice!
  26. Victor Mouclier

scapular health

HI ! I would like to know the best exercices to train scapula stability and more specifically to maintain subacromial space. Wich muscles are the most important to fit that goal ? Can't wait to read your answers. Thanks in advance.
  27. Coach Sommer

Hello Stephen, You are straining too hard and are creating more pressure than your capillaries can currently handle. Two recommendations; 1) For the time being, greatly reduce the duration of your HS and the reps of HSPU. 2) Stop holding your breath during your HS work. Yours in Fitness, Coach Sommer
  28. Gabriel Nunez

Thank you for the new course plans

29. Stephen Collings

I've just got myself a huge bright red rash on my neck after doing handstand pushups, and classic petichiae spots around the eyes. And I've just realized this is what it is (petichiae - i.e. burst capillaries under the skin), thanks to searching on Google for "handstand rash" (and "handstand pushup rash" actually came up as a Google suggestion!) and finding lots of articles and threads on it - petichiae being caused by handstands and handstand pushups - and Google found this thread too. My rash does seem to be made up of lots of petichiae spots which have merged together, like in photos I've seen, such as here: https://www.crossfitinvictus.com/blog/the-pressure-of-being-upside-down/ (although it's a much bigger rash for me than the one shown there!) I got a near-identical rash to the one I have today a few months ago, back in February, and I was diagnosed with ezcema and given hydrocortisone cream and anti-histamine tablets to treat it. But thinking back now, I'm sure that rash was caused by the handstands as well. Indeed I could feel a sudden stinging on my neck this afternoon when upside down, and I now remember that happening the first time, months ago. And I now remember that I wondered about it first time around whether the rash was caused by handstands, but I forgot about it, and I was diagnosed, and treated for, eczema. Indeed I do have eczema, and a tendency to getting it since becoming a lifeguard and working in a chlorine environment, and that area of my neck was dry and itchy in recent days - but not red - or only very slightly. But the extreme red rash came on suddenly after doing handstand pushups - my colleague pointed it out to me shortly after, and he confirmed my neck was clear all morning - it was after the handstand pushups (that I did in my work break) that suddenly I got this very alarming rash! I'm going to see a doctor and discuss it all. I'd be grateful for advice from coaches and athletes with experience. I don't want to give up handstands!!! (LOL - a family member has said I should stop doing handstands!)
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.