Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foundation One Questions / Reactions

John Fewell

My first reaction is that Foundation One is a fantastic product. I really like the epub format, and especially the video integration. 

A couple of questions:

How is the SE in the SLS supposed to be incorporated? Am I missing that?

The week one workouts seem very short, I feel as though I could be finished in about 30 mins with warm up. Is it okay to work on other things after like HS? I'm sure the length of the workouts is intentional, I'm just wondering if it's counterproductive to work other things.

• Upvote 1

The SE progressions are incorporated just like any other progression. 

Programming for the SLS is right there on the charts. 

Joshua Slocum

The impression I get is that the foundation workout is meant to prescribe a strength-training regimen. So any skill work (such as handstands) and flexibility work can and should be done concurrently. 

• Upvote 1

The impression I get is that the foundation workout is meant to prescribe a strength-training regimen. So any skill work (such as handstands) and flexibility work can and should be done concurrently. 

Correct

I believe this would do for a fantastic strength routine to compliment pretty much any sport. This is brilliant, considering I may get into some new kind of martial art.

Ryan Hutchins

So why buy this when i can just work the WOD's? I work on my BL, FL, side lever, PL, alongside doing the WOD's. Won't the daily RX'd workouts provide me with the needed training to shore up any weakness that i have?

I know we shouldn't be mentioning anything too explicit about Foundation 1...

So are there any plans for a forum area to discuss the volumes in detail? Just like with Seminar Gradates.

I understand the reasons for not blurting details in public but it also seems like a bit of a gagging order for paying customers.

Thanks

So why buy this when i can just work the WOD's? I work on my BL, FL, side lever, PL, alongside doing the WOD's. Won't the daily RX'd workouts provide me with the needed training to shore up any weakness that i have?

What is wrong with people today, the new updated GB course is here,

everybody can read (I hope), and on this site  there is an explanation for WOD vs F1,2,3,4 also, you can follow the program or do what you think is better for you. For couple of years people complains about missing preparation and programming in the first book, and now when coach put obviously very detail

programming from the start, some people want to do something else and seek for

another program. We all have the same options, (I recommend the coach new

course)  so do what you want.    

• Upvote 4

Joachim Nagler

At first when I got F1 yesterday evening I had mixed feelings. I went from "this is ridiculous, the exercises are too easy" to "man, this will be really hard and taking forever".

But now after the first workout with the very first steps I realized that I probably will be able to advance a few steps (after testing the preceding steps and showing mastery!) in some cases and in others not. And I don't think that every step will take 12 weeks, but I'll see. Even if it does, it doesn't matter. I am now really psyched!

The more I think about the course the more I realize that it is GENIUS!!

Everything's laid out and I am absolutely certain that I will get the seven basic exercises!

That leaves only one small point of criticism for me: I wished there would be more explanation. Not for the exercises, the videos and pictures show everything crystal clear, and not for the programming as it is very easy to understand and to apply. No, I wished there would be more like why this seven exercises, why this programming, a little background stories. But this was probably not intended as it is no book but a course.

In conclusion I would like to thank Coach Sommer, Cory and everyone involved for putting these courses together and for giving us such a great opportunity!

I know we shouldn't be mentioning anything too explicit about Foundation 1...

So are there any plans for a forum area to discuss the volumes in detail? Just like with Seminar Gradates.

I understand the reasons for not blurting details in public but it also seems like a bit of a gagging order for paying customers.

Thanks

Yes.  Later today a special Foundations section of Graduate Studies will be available to those who have purchased Foundation One and would like to discuss it in detail.  

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 5

Coach, will that in some way be accessible for those of us who have purchased the Foundation series, but not (yet) attended a seminar?

Quick Start Test Smith

Coach, will that in some way be accessible for those of us who have purchased the Foundation series, but not (yet) attended a seminar?

Yup, Bissen. That's what he said.

Yes.  Later today a special Foundations section of Graduate Studies will be available to those who have purchased Foundation One and would like to discuss it in detail.

Larry Roseman

Again,

Are all of the 7 fundamental exercises covered completely in "1" and is it possible to provide "table of contents" to provide an idea of what is covered - without giving anything away to those with nefarious intentions? I did read the product purchase description but am looking for something with a little more detail. Does "2", etc. go into more advanced variations or different exercises? 

Do we need to be tested in order to progress to the next book, or just to receive a profile rank? Will that increasing ranks be provided by completing each book or only at the end?

If this has been covered, anyone please feel free to refer me to the answers.

Thanks much ...

I've been following the forum for quite a bit now, but this is my first post ever ;]
I currently can't afford to buy foundation 1 (idk if I'm the only one), so I want to ask if the WODs will keep coming every week ?

Jean-Rene Losier

Are all of the 7 fundamental exercises covered completely in "1" and is it possible to provide "table of contents" to provide an idea of what is covered - without giving anything away to those with nefarious intentions?

If you mean that F1 covers all progressions right up to say straddle Planche, then no it doesn't. I think the goal of the entire 5 part foundation series is to progress towards a straddle planche at the end of volume 5. There are 6 progressions for each element in F1.

I would imagine you would need to have completed the mastery req. for progression 6 of F1 before getting into the foundation 2.

If you mean that F1 covers all progressions right up to say straddle Planche, then no it doesn't. I think the goal of the entire 5 part foundation series is to progress towards a straddle planche at the end of volume 5. There are 6 progressions for each element in F1.

I would imagine you would need to have completed the mastery req. for progression 6 of F1 before getting into the foundation 2.

That's how I read it, although I'm pretty sure its a 4 part series.

Handstand 1 doesn't could, it's a stand alone, all be it very integrable course from what I can gather.

Yup, Bissen. That's what he said.

Lol, never mind - I'll go back and learn how to read, now I'm at it :lol:

Misinterpretation here; my bad!

Again,

Are all of the 7 fundamental exercises covered completely in "1" and is it possible to provide "table of contents" to provide an idea of what is covered - without giving anything away to those with nefarious intentions? I did read the product purchase description but am looking for something with a little more detail. Does "2", etc. go into more advanced variations or different exercises? 

Do we need to be tested in order to progress to the next book, or just to receive a profile rank? Will that increasing ranks be provided by completing each book or only at the end?

If this has been covered, anyone please feel free to refer me to the answers.

Thanks much ...

Demonstrated mastery is only required for forum ranks or certification, so you can move on if you choose (though it's not recommended). There are four levels, with half steps in between (e.g. .5, 1, 1.5, etc.). The courses each cover a full level. 

All elements are covered in F1, but only to the first six progressions. This is in part due to pure size (who wants a 2gb+ download?) and partly because we want it to feel like an accomplishment to finish a course level. If you only look at the end progression and compare yourself to that, you'll miss everywhere you've been. Looking back is just as important as looking forward; and many people miss that. 

It's difficult to give details about the course because it's pure content, no fluff. There are sections dedicated to Getting Started, details, mastery, weekly workout charts and cycle examples, and then another 82 pages of multimedia and tips on each progression and mobility element.

• Upvote 2

When Cory says no fluff, he means NO FLUFF!

This is a meticulously planned Course, the presentation has been gone over so thoroughly that it looks almost deceptively simple.

That is until you actually dive in, then the brilliance behind it will become apparent.

There is also a Foundations forum where we can openly discuss any aspect of the program and plans for even more avenues to attain the support you need to make the program work for you.

Beyond what Cory already said I can just tell you seeing the ToC won't give you any more info than has already been provided.

• Upvote 1

Larry Roseman

All right, I'm in. Later this evening.  Am expecting that mobility will be even more difficult than strength elements for me. I've seen improvements in strength over a timeframe of weeks but little in mobility over a timeframe of years....

I've been following the forum for quite a bit now, but this is my first post ever ;]

I currently can't afford to buy foundation 1 (idk if I'm the only one), so I want to ask if the WODs will keep coming every week ?

Unfortunately, no.  I am concerned that allowing the GB WODs to be available to beginners will continue the same issues which resulted in the creation of the Foundation Series in the first place.

While many people such as yourself have had success, there have also been a significant percentage of others who have had difficulty in correctly scaling the GB WODs down to a beginner level.  As a result in the future, the GB WODs will continue to be freely available; but only to those who are intermediate level or above.

• Upvote 1

Mike Chomitsch

As a result in the future, the GB WODs will continue to be freely available; but only to those who are intermediate level or above.

How will you determine this, Coach? It took me a long time to set the ego aside and I believe I do scale the WODs well, and I do enjoy the workouts.

Having said that, however, I do understand where you're coming from.

Congratulations again. F1 is outstanding!

How will you determine this, Coach? It took me a long time to set the ego aside and I believe I do scale the WODs well, and I do enjoy the workouts.

Having said that, however, I do understand where you're coming from.

Congratulations again. F1 is outstanding!

- The forum ranking system to determine access to the GB WODs as a free supplement.

- We have also considered allowing access to the GB WOD forum on a subscription basis, but I have mixed feelings regarding this.  In my experience with implementing the Foundation Series with GB Seminar participants over the last 18 months, the results have been consistently outstanding.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Richard Hamilton

I bought the F1-4 package and am really pleased with F1. It's exactly what I needed and fills in so many gaps for me so I'll be starting from day one and anticipate finding a lack of balance in my abilities.

A few questions cropped up when I first read through but after going through it again the majority of questions were answered. There really is no fluff and it'll allow me to crack on with training rather than wonder whether my programme is working or not.

Really pleased with this product Coach, thanks for all your long hours and hard work! :)