Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Beginners 10 Minute Daily Handstand/balancing Routine

Murray Truelove

Murray Truelove

I've just finished the prerequisite from the "getting started" section. As part of my new routine starting next month I wanted to add daily practice for handstands and hand balancing. 

For a beginner what would you recommend? 

Currently I do wall slides and shoulder dislocates to warm up, headstands to get a feel for free standing and then handstands against the wall (chest to wall) slowly walking my hands back to as close as I can, holding for 20s then rolling out.

Thanks for any input and suggestions.

Murray

yuri marmerstein

This is a good start.  Get acclimated to holding the position

Work on your breathing while holding HS as well, this is something a lot of people forget

Josh Schmitter

Work on your breathing while holding HS as well, this is something a lot of people forget
Ya it is :). Seriously though, it's just like anything else: baby steps until one day you are standing atop your goals, sword raised overhead, only to look over the horizon to see your next goal looming ominous and ubiquitous, ready to use your sword for a toothpick.  Oh ya, and listen to whatever Yuri says :).

Murray Truelove

Thanks for the feedback!

Never even thought about my breathing (it normally happens automatically!) so that's a great tip.

I find I have to really concentrate on "tucking my tail" but figure the more time spent against the wall the better!

Thanks again.

Murray