Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wrist Pushups; Hip Pain; Ankle Mobility

Edgaron

Hello

I've had an accident last summer where I fell from something around 4 metres straight on my back and ever since then my left hip has had restricted flexibility (pain is what restricts it). That for some reason made my left ankle inflexible too (like it wasn't stiff enough before...lol)

It's only hurts when I start externally rotating it (and only in the end ranges of motion). Obviously I can't really squat comfortably or do split/straddle stretches because of this.

It probably hurts deeper in here

hip-pain-piriformis-syndrome.jpg

What could this be? (besides priformis syndrome, I've probably just answered my own question but just in case it is something else).

Also, what are some good ankle moblity drills? When I do work like the wall ankle mobility, I don't feel it in the tendon (forgot what it's called... on the back side of the ankle) but rather in the front of the ankle, which sometimes even hurts. Is continuing to do this asking for trouble or should it be like that?

Thanks

I haven't been to a doctor. I thought I'd get over it all by myself as time goes by, but seems like I probably won't. I don't know of any physiotherapists in my city, that's quite a struggle.

Yeah, forgot to include them;

Why even do wrists pushups for a warmup if after doing them it hurts to come back to wrist extension on the ground? It goes away after playing around in the usual position but what good is it if it causes pain?

Or is it just me? I've always felt the pain after doing them (or even just stretching in the flexed position) even before starting to do lots of planche and HS work.

Keilani Gutierrez

maybe (like me) you just aren't ready to approach them the way you currently are. I started doing them on the floor and would always fall down to the floor, so i started progressing them backwards until I had a clear "pistoning" action in my wrist ascents and descents rather than crumbling from lack of strength. play around with something challenging, yet simple enough(notice how i didn't say easy) to not cause a break in form.

they're still a challenge to me, but they're nowhere near as disgusting as when I started doing them.

and blessings in your healing process, have you visited a quiro? someone who specializes in sports?

• 2 weeks later...

I can do them weighted with 45lbs easily, it's just that the reversing of the position is uncomfortable (painful), but it goes away quickly.

I wish there was anyone who could (properly) assess my issue. I may search someone throughout the country, but I don't have the money to do so at the moment.

And the pain that bothers me more is more like in my hip flexors. I get it when I squat all the way down and then try to straighten my lower back (which is far from straight in that position, very tight ankles is probably the main cause), or whenever I bring my knee close to the chest. What could it be? It doesn't hurt in the normal positions, just when I squat deep or stretch.

But I want that beautiful comfortable asian squat :(