Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A few beginner questions

CircusBoy

Hi Yall......just wondering about a few things are not too clear to me in the book (which is freakin awesome BTW),

1) On the movements that can be done in tuck, flat, 1/2 and layout positions, should I be transitioning through the body positions first and then move on to the next exercise or should I graduate through all the exercises in one body position and then go back and begin again in the next hardest body position?

2) In the book it says to choose ONE exercise from each type of movement (ie;:pull, press etc..) per day and cycle them throughout the week using the 3x3 ,3x5 or the 5x5 method. My question is can I instead do the selected exercise form ALL the groups everyday using the 1x5 method ( as outlined in PTTP, where he states that it is better to do 1x5 everyday then 5x5 once a week)? That would mean doing each exercise 5x a week one set per day.

3) And finally my last question is about exercise order...should I be following the order in the book or mixing it up?

I hope that I was clear and thanks in advance to all who respond.

matthew.percussion

1) I would recommend mixing it up. Example: If you can do a difficulty 3 skill in a layout you should also work on a difficulty 4 skill that maybe you can only do in an adv. tuck.

Make sense?

2) I don't think I can answer this. Coach or Ido are probably your best bet.

3) I think this one is mostly personal preference. I normally do my push and pull, take a bit of rest, legs and core, rest a little, then do statics followed by stretching. But, I see nothing wrong with switching it up.

Hope that helps :)

-Matthew

Stick to one body shape until you have mastered it. If you want to play around later, that can be acceptable but stick to the program.

I would try to stick to the exercise progression in the books unless you run into equipment problems.