Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wall Assisted Handstand Problem

Richard Cameron Kennison

Richard Cameron Kennison

I've been practicing a handstand against the wall for awhile now, and am able to hold it for a considerable time, but now that I'm starting to realize a problem. When in the handstand my back and the back of my head are putting some weight into the wall, and every time I try to correct this I fall back onto my feet. Even though I can't seem to get a picture of it, I'm assuming my issue is my back is flat against the wall why my arms are out at an angle, instead of directly under my body. Every time I try to start with my arms closer to the wall to fix it I either fall back down at the top from not being able to keep my body from falling. Any tips on how to fix this?

Stefan Hinote

You should be doing wall handstands with your stomach against the wall. This will help teach proper form, and you'll be less likely to develop an arched handstand.

Focus on squeezing your shoulders together like you're trying to cover your ears.

Elbows locked out--no bend.

Shoulders over wrists, hips over shoulders, feet over hips. Toes should be pointed up to the sky.

You may start with your wrists 4-6" away from the wall, but eventually you'll want them to touch the wall.

• Upvote 1