Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

And Why Not To Make A Mobility Wod?

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

Yep my friends, as you read, this is my question, why not make a mobility wod??

I know there is an specific page that is called with that name, and is encharged to roll mobility workout trought the week. But it's more oriented to crossfit and oly lifts.

What do you think about the idea of creating an specific 3-4 days Mobility WOD for Gymnastic Strength Training™?

Some have their way to mobilize and some others just don't know how to do it. Exactly like the WODs, some have their own programs, and some others stick to the WOD...

What do you think about the idea?  If you like it, then let's begin with some ideas!!!

Greetings from Mexico

Coach is a very busy guy and I'm not sure there will ever be two separate WODs at the same time, I believe he is accomplishing what he wants from the already well crafted WODs. Other members though may be keen to help you in your search for mobility.

Don't worry. Just wait for the new books :P

haha....

ok ok, i'll wait..

But i wasn't wanting a wod created by the Coach, i was asking for a MWOD created by us... in which we could share useful tips and then organize it an periodize for haveing a whole 3/4 days MWOD

anyway, i waaaant that book =D

In terms of user generated, problems being: Not everyone is at the same capacity, everyone has different movement needs and in terms of increasing moblilty there can be a bit trouble shooting to clear up problems with some people. What seems like a shoulder deficiency could in fact be a problem with the opposite hip. A MWOD would not be able to address this. I would also be concerned with people turning it into its own workout and not a mobility session as it would be meant for. There are reasons I do not publicly put of movement information for people who I've assisted. Cole and Josh for example both got two very different pieces of advice for problems in similar regions. My own two cents.

• Upvote 2

That is why there is always a bit of mobility and stretching daily in the WOD. Notice it changes up. Fine enough for the average fitness enthusiast.

Take a look at Carl Paoli's. Generally he rotates skin the cats and bridges and splits.

In general, unless you are doing mobility work as your sole form of physical exercise, the various forms of physical exercise need to be co-ordinated.

Putting together a personal mobility/prehab program is a good thing, but it will need to take into account what other exercise you are doing so as to complement it not hinder it.

I also have to concur with Nic. Though mobility work can look simple, it is impossible to spot underlying issues online. Even harder is to find the best path through them without being there in person.

• Upvote 1