Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How Often Should Mobility And Prehab Work Be Done?

crossfic

As the title says. Also would you focus on say wrists one day then elbows then next? or do you do pre/mobility for everything in one session?

yuri marmerstein

Everything all the time every day.  Never stop moving. 

Especially in these cold winter months it is even more important. 

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

Each and every single day is about movement.

If im gonna workout tuen i focus to have a nice workout, and in theworkout im still moving in the opposite side of the body in which im working

In rest days i move in order to feel better and have a greater recovery from past workouts. I use it to wake up also...

Its an habit to do it every day. I love to move and the way i can improve it. Theres no sensation like it

Somedays for example i spend some more than 30 minutes trough the day in a squat position and moving trough my house or wherever i am in the same position. Sometimes i do other things. Some days i spent several minutes doing massage and prehab work...

Oh really? never thought you could pre hab everything everyday!! :) surely this would lead to overtraining the parts you are prehabing?

I pair prehab/mobility exercises with what I'm working on that day.

For example:

HS-> wrists

PL-> shoulders

FL-> bridgework

It's mobility. If you are working it with enough intensity to be concerned with overtraining then you are doing it wrong. Movement is movement, not your training session.

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino
It's mobility. If you are working it with enough intensity to be concerned with overtraining then you are doing it wrong. Movement is movement, not your training session.

Exactly, mobility shouldn't be taxing, it must be done in a correct volume trought the week.

In a Short Answer

I do mobility stuff every day

Everyday i foam roll my t-spine, my trapezius, my rotators, pecs, and lats. In the lower body i masagge my glutes and quads.

Depending on the work for the day , the specific mobility will come.

FREDERIC DUPONT
(...)  i masagge my glutes (...)

I strongly recommend partner work for this specific exercise... :D

• Upvote 3

Should of worded my question better, i do move everyday and do mobility exercises, but things such as rotator cuff exercises (internal external rotations), wrist push ups scapula push ups etc.. would be very taxing if you did them everyday? could you give me a sample of what you would do daily for prehab/mobility? i guess as you do more prehab/mobility (say your currenlty doing it 3 days a week) you can move up as time goes on (working your way up to say 5 days a week). This will all proably be covered in coaches book wich is coming out soon but im just curious :)

Please re-read the answer above. Stop, read it again. Ok, if it is taxing then it is not merely prehab / mobility for you it is a training set and you plan accordingly.