Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Level to reach in 6 months

ebenezer

Hi,

I received my package yesterday and I am needing help putting together a program. This is my current level of strength. I can do

1. 20 seconds on a solid L-Sit.

2. 2 consecutive SLS each leg for 3 sets, total 6 each leg.

3. 8 pullups or 10 chinups

4. 6 pseudo planache pushups.

I get an hour in the morning to do my workout. Kindly give me some goals which would be a good to achieve in a 6 month time frame and a possible program design.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Ebenezer

Depends on your motivation, training...

Some skills:

1.Muscle up

2.Front lever

3.Back lever

4.V-seat

5.Stradle planche

6.10 bulgarian dips on a rings

7.hand stands

8.V and L-seat on rings.....

There are alot of skilss wich you can learn....

in the short term, work towards muscle-up and handstand. you could work on box handstand pushups and whatever dip variation you can as well.

for the pistol, you may want to work on partial pistols, or rock back to candlestick, pistol up ( like the deck squat variation in the book ) so you could work with sets of 3-5

for pullups, the book progression would probably have you on wide arm pullup, L pullup or bulgarian pullup on rings.

keep working the pseudo planche pushups and start tuck planche training, i don't exactly remember off hand the pushup progression list in the book and where PPPU are and what's before or next.

somewhere in there work tuck levers, and body levers. it's probably a good idea to do some floor glute hams.

you're very similar to my current strength levels. my L sit is way higher, but I've been doing L sits for a long time so even if i've gotten weaker in other things, it has stayed even when i got really weak ( though it really sucked on rings at that time ).

as for your L-sit, i would train toward acquiring a v sit using the manna protocol.

Thank you both for the input. My real problem is to strengthen my right shoulder and my right arm in general. As already posted earlier, I have 4 titanium plates and 21 bolts to keep a compounded multiple fracture of the humerus in place. Any specific ideas to make the right to on par with the left on the muscle mass front?

@ Blairbob, Thanks for the detailed reply. I am striving to make some progress on the rings but due to unequal strength in my arms lockouts are so wobbly. Anyways would train hard and would keep you updated on the progress.

Warm regards,

Ebenezer

I would say keep on working as you are and wait for it to get better over time. You could also try holding a pushup position with one arm ( on your knees or with your hands elevated if you can't do it on floor ).