Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Wods

Fluidity

Just a quick question, should I keep up with the WODs day to day? Or can I start with some of the earlier ones coach posted and switch around and do WODs from different dates?

Alexander Svensson

You can start with anyone basically but you shouldn't jump around between different dates, they are supposed to be done in an order.

You can start from an earlier WOD if you want, but you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT switch around and do whichever WODs from whichever dates that you feel like. Well, no one is stopping you, but it is not an intelligent idea.

Start from today, or Tuesday's, or one week ago - whatever - and work the WOD's in the order that they are posted. Again: Work the WOD's in the order that they are posted.

You should also be keeping up day to day, doing the WOD's as they are listed by Coach 4 days of the week. Slacking off has it's consequences.

You can also add in your own stuff before and after the WOD. For instance, I do the prereq's before the WOD and sometimes some handbalancing or other skill work, and afterwards I do some stretching. But the WOD is basically the main workout.

You can start from an earlier WOD if you want, but you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT switch around and do whichever WODs from whichever dates that you feel like. Well, no one is stopping you, but it is not an intelligent idea.

Start from today, or Tuesday's, or one week ago - whatever - and work the WOD's in the order that they are posted. Again: Work the WOD's in the order that they are posted.

You should also be keeping up day to day, doing the WOD's as they are listed by Coach 4 days of the week. Slacking off has it's consequences.

You can also add in your own stuff before and after the WOD. For instance, I do the prereq's before the WOD and sometimes some handbalancing or other skill work, and afterwards I do some stretching. But the WOD is basically the main workout.

Thanks!, I also want to ask if would it be alright if I start with stuff from back in 2011 and 2010 and then do a months worth of it and then go on to the current 2013 WODs?

The wods have changed and exercise selection refined over time. Personally I think you're better off jumping onboard now, but you're free to do what you want. The important thing is the cycle; sometimes there are more intense and less intense days scheduled, as well as the standard exercise rotation. If you try to pick and choose that's up to you, but why waste a knowledge resource like Coach Somer if you have access to him?

Just don't do that incredibly annoying thing someone did a while back of posting in the first few WoD threads and bumping them above the current ones. Hop on board for the new year and enjoy.

As a side note, I and a lot of others work one week behind the wods; this comes with wanting to train first thing and being in a much earlier time zone. You tend to not see WoD threads bumped after that week