Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

question re: integrated training

drop360

I thought the program design as laid out in the book is great (at least for my current level - total, super low, ultra-beginner), but I did have one question. When using the integrated method, how do you match up the sets for static strength with the basic strength? Depending on your level, it seems as though you'll have many static sets (8-20) for each hold, yet few (2-5) sets for basic strength. So...

Do you do all the sets for a static hold followed by all the sets of the corresponding basic strength exercise? And then continue with the second, third, and forth pairing?

Or would you do a single hold followed by a single set of basic strength and then repeat (or as a circuit)? If so, what happens to all of the remaining sets of static holds?

Thanks

-Matt

I decided to combine the two methods into a third, to test it out.

Depending on the number of static holds and number of corresponding strength exercise sets, I did something like -

static hold (SH) 1

SH1

SH1

SH1 strength exercise (SE) 1

SH1

SH1

SH1

SH1 SE1

etc.

then

SH2

SH2

SH2

SH2 SE2

etc.

I did the first pairing, then the second, and third, and forth. On Wednesday I'll be combining the pairings and running two small circuits with the above method. So, it'll be something like

SH1 SE1 SH2

SH1 SE1 SH2

SH1 SE1 SH2

SH1 SH2

SH1 SH2

SH1 SH2

SH1 SH2 SE2

SH1 SH2 SE2

SH1 SH2 SE2

and then something similar with SH3and4 and SE3and4

A short rest of 30 seconds to 1 minute will follow each line.

I guess we'll see how it goes!

This plan is super, crazy simple compared to several of the weight lifting/plyo programs that I've done in the past. Hahahahaha! But I've been out of training for physical strength for a bit now, so simple is good. I like the feel of the gymnastic approach.

-Matt