Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Training Split Question

Dylan Treger

Dylan Treger

I want to start incorporating gymnastics type training into my workout schedule; however, after working the rings a few days in a row, my elbows started to suffer terribly. I know I need to take some time off to rest them, but can someone help me in deciding my workout split? I want to incorporate weight training, gymnastics strength work, maybe rock climbing, and balance work all into a weekly schedule. Also, how should I break up the workouts? Complementary push/pulls?

These are my free days:

Monday - 

Tuesday -

Wednesday- 

Friday -

Saturday -

Sunday -

Jean-Rene Losier

I can only tell you my experience. I train sundays, mondays, thursdays, fridays. Always do full body push/pull style with core and legs as well. It takes me enough time already to just do this, so I couldn't imagine wanting to add anything else to my workouts! If I wanted to do what you want, which is also train with weights, I'd split my training into 2 weekly schedules. 1 for gymnastics based training and the other for weights. So much stuff to try, so little time...Gotta put priorities on things!

• Upvote 1

FREDERIC DUPONT

Hummmmmmm........... That's all? really?

No parkour, swimming, endurance running, horse riding, bicycling, ball playing, tumbling, yoga, maybe some sort of martial art too?

Seriously, if your elbows "suffer terribly", you might be better off to choose 4 days of rest in your list of "free" days, and do some moderate basic training the other three...

If all goes well after 3 months, maybe you can consider adding one more day?

(...) after working the rings a few days in a row, my elbows started to suffer terribly

(...) I want to incorporate weight training, gymnastics strength work, maybe rock climbing, (...)  Complementary push/pulls?