Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Balancing In Handstand

Gianni Trook

yuri marmerstein

There are too many possible issues here to just list off, you need to post a video if you actually want specific advice. 

Chances are you need to go back to the wall and try to understand the concept of balancing and then do kick up work separately without trying to balance. 

Video would be nice. Like Yuri said go back to the wall. One thing that helped me:

Place your hands 2 feet away from the wall, bring out one leg, let the second leg rest on the wall, now bring out the second leg realy slowly and controlled. http://youtu.be/q-Ey2bZTuuk

Also try to "dig" in your fingertips into the floor.

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

also the problem might be your control in the kickup, or probably you can be lacking in core strength and control, are you letting your back to be arched? in your kickup try to kick upwards, not forward.

you can control it by kicking with your back to the wall the closest you can and trying to not touch it.

What Mats suggest is also very helpful, i used it  and it helped me a lot.

There was an interesting thread a little while ago about why some beginners naturally walk or stagger about when trying to balance, and why others naturally stay still and try (and probably fail) to correct their position in one spot. I can't find it now, though, I think it didn't quite make the cut.

I wonder if there are different common strengths and weaknesses in each group.