Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wod Scaling Is Very Confusing....

DauntlessGrok16

DauntlessGrok16

I plan to workout using the WOD but scaling them to match my level is really hard and confusing. Even if I look at the book, some exercises aren't there. Anyone out there that also started out confused and now it's already easy for you to scale the proprerly. Please help.

A good suggestion to making this website better is adding a part where it tells you the progressions of the exercises in the WOD. I know it will be revealing some info in the book, but if you also search hard for the progressions, it will also be revealed to you. And, I don't want to search hard for it, because I think there really should be something where it tells you the progressions, because how can a beginner who wants to follow the WOD start right away at it. He still needs to search for hours about the progressions, and warm-up, and flexibility, and prehab, etc... and then they will be confused. I'm just saying you need to be organized.

I'm sorry if I'm like angry. I just think it's really important. Peace!

Keilani Gutierrez

you're absolutely right, it is important. on the other hand, what is also important(for the group of coaches and the program itself) is to have a level of professionalism with the product they are putting out in the market and that includes not revealing information that will make their product obsolete. 

I do share your confusion on some levels but for some questions, we can dig on the forum(as I have learned to do to program my workouts and even then I feel it is incomplete) or wait for the second edition of the book, which I hear is bitchen. 

from the little experienced I have accumulated so far, focus on the fundamental statics, do them accordingly and with good form, focus on a balanced FBE program focusing on all planes of motion(upward, horizontal, downward) to avoid shoulder imbalances and practice mobility drills to optimize the exercises and lower the chance of injury. 

start by looking at the Getting Started Forums and something that has helped me A LOT is reading Coaches essays.

of course, form follows function and you want to know what exercises will make the activity your doing better and there's more than enough information in the book and in this forum if we just know which questions we need to be making and there's people here very well qualified to help you in that, I'm just not one of those. 

I hope you find what you're looking for because this method of training has reversed a separated shoulder injury I've suffered from for 8 yrs(since I was 15) and it feels so much better now thanks to the information put out there by the coach and the other people who come here to exchange knowledge. 

like I said, I hope you find what you're looking for. best wishes

-Keilani

• Upvote 1

Daniel Burnham

Feel free to reply to the workout of the day thread if you need help scaling. You could also instead follow the Kilroy template as it is a little easier for beginners.

DauntlessGrok16

Thanks guys for trying to help! Yeah, maybe the journey/experience of searching through the forums and learning the progressions and more things is worth it. I'll just try to be patient for the upcoming updates and the second book. I'll just do Killroy template again when I decide to do GST. And, when I have enough experience I'll tackle the WOD. I'm training with weights now. Thanks for your time!