Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why Is The Proper Hs Position So Important?

Deins Drengers

Deins Drengers

Im asking for some anatomy explanation here.

I can do a Handstand for 10 secs or so  but i know it is not perfect  ( My sholders arent fully Open)

But i am doing HeSPU against the wall.

I find that doing a Handstand like this  -->  I  (The body is like a vertical line) Is very hard to be honest.

What are your suggestions?

Help !

Aaron Griffin

A straight handstand is actually easier once you learn it. Think about standing - is it easier to stand with your knees bent and your torso leaning forward, or easier to stand straight?

Daniel Burnham

Proper body alignment is imperative in gymnastics training.  It carries over to many other exercises besides hanstand.  If you do not achieve proper alignment you will find it difficult to do the more advanced movements.  This is especially apparent with handstand presses.

Basically the proper handstand allows you to move in and out of it correctly as well.  The movement into handstand is one of the fundamental skills of gymnastics.  As you progress in GB you will find that it builds up to many movements that take you through the handstand.

• Upvote 1

Joshua Naterman

Stick with it. The benefits of the open handstand are that it builds very strong shoulders, upper traps, and, believe it or not, external rotators as well. This is even more true when performing proper HS presses, especially once you get to Stalder presses and L-sit presses.

This will benefit you in many places, like making planche a bit easier to learn. The biggest thing it will do is maintain healthy shoulder movement patterns, which will help protect you from injuries.

• Upvote 1

Deins Drengers

Thanks for the info guys ! :)

Im really grateful to recieve information from experienced people and i hope that this post will help others aswell !