Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hello and a question

Alvaro Antolinez

Alvaro Antolinez

hi my name is Alvaro and have been around this forum since august.

I'm 1,70 m hi and used to weight 91 kilos (on august) now I'm in 81!!(just following a none so strict paleo-zone) and on my way to 74 or so. I train at the same gym as seratonin. But he is eons away from me LOL (time is all that I need...). By the way I arrived here from the Crossfit web and then saw the serotonin video on muscleup and realized we were at the same gym.

I started from ...somewhere close to zero strenght. Not a single pushup pullup dip..... Some years ago I did some conventional gym and swimmed.

Well now Im able to perform all the pushups half the pullups without jumping an holdig 5 seconds up. Climbing once the rope (with feet help of course). Two days ago I just started with inverted hang, back lever and Skin the cat.

I'm amazed with this and I'll stick to it for a long long time.

Well here goes the question: if I train two consecutive days it hapens that at

The last part of the training I fill a kind of sore burn in the arms. It disapears after one hour or so.

There is no sorenes afterwards so I guess is over training?.

Thank you all

David Picó García

Hello omegant!!! :D

Nice to see you here, what i like more of this kind of training is that you can see results, not just higher reps or weight, as bodybuilding, also new skills you thought they were imposible for you to do. When i started i couldt do a muscle up, in fact i couldn't hang on a false grip or hold a handstand without a wall and the front lever was for mutants. And few months later i was able to do all coach's basic strength routines posted in this forum and some variations, hold a handstand aand press to handstand (with arms bent :P ), and hold a few seconds a full front lever, and even without doing them increase A LOT the numbers of dips, pull ups, and bench press (without doing a bench press at all).

About your question, i don't know what is exactly this kind of pain, but it's easy to over stress the forearms and wrists with this kind of traing. If hurt the best is partial rest, you can do other exercises that don't afect the pain, and take it a bit slowly, and warm up very well before the exercises.

It's easy to forget how far we've come in training, well done on your progress.

This soreness you describe is probably what is referred to in bodybuilding as "the pump" and is merely an increased blood flow in the areas you have been training. I wouldn't worry about overtraining and sabotage potential gains unless you start going backwards in strength from workout to workout, at which point it's probably worth backing off for a week or two and re-evaluating your programs volume.

Alvaro Antolinez

Thank you! I´ll be taking some days off and try to calm down the progression as the coach says at the book.