Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need Tips To Improve A Small Rom And A Form Check.

Tavis G

Hey guys. I uploaded two new vids at pullups4ever on youtube.(still don't know how to put in the forum!) One is a bent knee 90 degree pushup attempt, and the other HSPU. When I'm at the bottom position/transitioning into HSPU on the 90 degree pushup i get stuck and the same ROM as a tigerbend HSPU. Does anyone know how to improve this ROM? And. I can go down farther to the floor than i did. And the HSPU, is it good form? Its not my best attempt.

Tavis you have got to get your basics down first. You need to be focusing on perfecting your bodylines right now; your shoulders are almost 10 degrees off of 90 in your handstands and you've got a nasty back arch at the bottom of both attempts. My advice would be to put up a video of you doing all of the basic pre reqs for 60 seconds with perfect form. If you don't know if its perfect ask, but you have got to realize that no one here can help you if you are not going to invest in the basics first. You cannot have a good HeSPU without first having a good handstand and before that a good hollow position and understanding of the correct scapular activation. That information is all over the website, use it to your advantage. If you focus on some of the more boring things now you will be more than grateful in the future.

• Upvote 2

I have a 24 second handstand. I was using a wider than shoulder width grip for the pushups. But for an actual handstand my hands are under shoulder and my body is straighter. If i put my head neutral though, i feel like ima break my neck.

Travis to add videos, you just need to put in the link. No extra tags are needed, they will be automatically added.

Ian has good advice if you are truly interested in improving form.