Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Deadhang Question.

Ping Blekkboks

Ping Blekkboks

Greetings.

Whenever I do full deadhang, with external rotation of the arms of course, I get this extremely painful stretch in my armpits. When I make the hollow position, the stretch get even more extreme.

Anyone have any ideas what this is? I'm not worried as it has been getting less and less painful as I have progressed with the deadhang, but I'm just curious.

Thanks.

Boban Ilievski
it has been getting less and less painful as I have progressed with the deadhang

There's you key. It takes time to get used to it. I remember I had something like that when I started doing german hangs, although not exactly in armpits, but more in my biceps. A painful stretch, I felt that my biceps would tear apart. So as soon as I started to feel the stretch I would let go. You just need to go slowly, start with just a couple of secounds - as soon as you feel pain let go. As you body gets familiar with it, and you get stronger & more flexible the pain will stop. I know my stretch pain dissapeared after a couple of weeks.

Daniel Burnham
Greetings.

Whenever I do full deadhang, with external rotation of the arms of course, I get this extremely painful stretch in my armpits. When I make the hollow position, the stretch get even more extreme.

Anyone have any ideas what this is? I'm not worried as it has been getting less and less painful as I have progressed with the deadhang, but I'm just curious.

Thanks.

I hang for about a minute before each workout and then swing myself around on the rings to loosen up.  This usually gets rid of the feeling.  If you cant hang for a minute without pain you should build up to that first.

Ping Blekkboks

Thanks guys.

I'll just work my way through it.

German hangs is also the same, I will start carefully with those.