Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shoulder Pain During Pl Work

Noel Shevchenko

Noel Shevchenko
again me. today i test myself with these 4 exercise. bellow are result doing them on floor.

l-sit max = 15 sec

planche lean max = 15 sec

adv front lever max = 15 sec

tuck planche max = 20 sec ( before i get cramp in my hip, but i can feel i could hold it more )

for next 8 weeks ill inform u again about progress.

ey guys i need your advice.

yday would be end of 5th week doing ssc for 4 exercise, but the problem is next.

last 5-6 days i had to stop, because i injured the shoulder joint doing pl lean + tuck pl ( am pretty sure about it ), but when am doing l-sit + adv fl i feel no pain at all.

so my questions are:

- should i keep finish ssc cycle for l-sit + adv fl for next 3 weeks

- should i do similar exercise to strengthen the shoulder joint like in this video ( https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/9238-8-months-of-being-injured-what-finally-helped/ )

- or should i stop completely until i full recovery.

note: forgot to say, i can do any type of pull, chin ups, with no pain in shoulder. it seems to me that only at certain angle, the pain is present.

ty.

Joshua Naterman

That's because there are an awful lot of shoulder threads, and everything you want to know is in those. It is a pain for us to retype things every single time!

If you have shoulder pain during planche, either your shoulder stabilizers aren't working right or you are planching incorrectly.

Either way, there are threads here for you to read that will tell you exactly what to do for both problems. I think the search function will help you find them.

Noel Shevchenko

why so arrogant, did i insulted u? instead of helping, u attacking me without any reason. if u wish to help, post those threads, since u know this forum better than anyone.

Maybe this will be of at least some help.

From this thread https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/8339-advice-about-shoulderpain/?hl=%2Bshoulder+%2Bplanche

This one looks interesting too https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/9510-scapular-depression-and-rotator-cuff-pain/?hl=%2Bshoulder+%2Bplanche

This is one everyone should read first thing on this forum https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/5959-scapula-position-for-basic-and-static-exercises/

My 2 cents on whether you should continue other work (might be wrong here, better double check): if the movement doesn't hurt, it's fine to do.

Also, don't take Josh's comment the wrong way. A handful of people (Josh being one of them - that's him in the video right there) contribute massive amounts of useful, expert level information on this forum for free but they still hold the reasonable expectation that there will be some kind of effort on your part to seek out that information. All these people do have lives of their own and cannot possibly hang around an online forum 24/7 to continuously answer questions of 4000 members individually, and it's unfair to expect them to do so - especially when a lot of the questions are asking the same thing.

If you still feel you cannot find an answer on here, and insist you need some personalized advice - perhaps try posting your question here: www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness 

• Upvote 1

Joshua Naterman

I told you to use the search function. That's how I find a lot of posts. Is that arrogant?

I am sorry I upset you, but you're going to have to do your part of the work. You say you waited a week for replies. Have you been reading other threads about planche? I don't see any questions like "I saw this in ... thread and wonder if this could be my problem."

If you think I'm here to serve you, without you doing anything on your own, you are incorrect. I am here to make sure that forum rules are followed, and to help you learn how to find your own answers.

You will want to search for planche shoulder pain, planche problem, planche pain, and so on. Read what comes up. When you've read the threads, and watched how we correct others by comments on their video, you will  either be able to tell what you're doing wrong by reading or you will have a good place to start asking questions. We will probably ask you to make a video of your planche work, just like we ask other people to do the same thing, so it might be a good idea to make one. You may be able to see the problem all by yourself once you watch your video, after having read those threads I have asked you to search for.

I can't tell you what to do, I haven't evaluated you. Having said that, you will probably want to work on everything you saw in AlexX's video.

For everything else, you'll get a bunch of different answers and it's a roll of the dice as far as who gets it right... We have absolutely no idea what the problem is until you show us what you are doing.

Your first step is to read the threads, second step is to make a video of what you do and compare it to what the threads tell you is the right thing to do, and third step is to tell us what you have seen, what you have learned, and to post your video so that we can possibly help you clarify what is really important right now.

Noel Shevchenko

well josh, just to answer about your question.

I don't see any questions like "I saw this in ... thread and wonder if this could be my problem."

actually i did ask. :)

- should i do similar exercise to strengthen the shoulder joint like in this video ( https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/9238-8-months-of-being-injured-what-finally-helped/ )

ill try to explain as best i can.

i started to feeling pain in right shoulder before 20+ days ( 3/12 ), mainly doing hs ( with belly/back against the wall ) at first i felt minor pain, as training progressed, while the shoulders are well warmed, pain was gone. but 10/12 i couldn't literally lift my hands in T letter and not to feel the pain ( from 10/12-17/12 i did nothing hoping pain will go away eventually ) but i was wrong. then i decide to open this thread hoping u will help.

from 17/12 till today i did every day exercise which alexx showed here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m1Ku8YPEIJ8

same goes from ido suggestions here :

and now i can easily do T letter, with no pain at all, except one exercise in ido video starting at 43 sec, while doing it pain is present + i feel crapy with lots of clicking and poping noises.

pain is here while doing overhead exercise like military press, hs, + dips, ppp, dumbbell side lateral raise, etc.

do u need any more info?

ps. tnx for help red1392

Joshua Naterman

to me, it sounds like you lack upward rotation. This means your upper traps aren't working properly.

Check out this video, and see if the exercises help. You're going to have to re-train how your scapular  musculature works.

I have my own way of dealing with this, and I haven't gotten the chance to make my video yet, but it'll be up soon. I'm going to grab my memory card today.

You definitely have impingement syndrome, and you're going to have to be careful of what you do right now. Anything that hurts, don't do that. All you're doing is damaging things that can be hard to heal.

Joshua Naterman

No problem. Take things slow, and be careful! If you do this right, you'll be better than ever.

If you try to rush it, you will probably stay injured and perhaps get worse!

• 2 weeks later...
Noel Shevchenko

josh, just to inform u, i feel the pain slowly going away. i tried few days ago dips, hs, hs runs, push ups, thx god i can do them again. :)

but still pain is here while doing hspu. i just hope pain will disappear in next 20-30 days. :)

tnx for help.

• 3 weeks later...

Doing pretty good man. No pain doing most things? That's a big improvement. Keep going and you'll be back in the game in no time.

P.s. How are you feeling as of today?