Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question about time in planche progressions

Spanyard

Hi, right now I'm working on planche progression at the first step, frog stand with straight arms, and holding it for 30 seconds.

My question is simple, when I've mastered the 30 seconds hold I'll have to add time, so it is the same to perform a 40 s hold followed by a 20 s hold or first the 20 s hold then the 40 s or it is just irrelevant? Thanks. :D

Richard Duelley

I would move on to the tuck planche, try it and if you can hold it for about 3-5 seconds start doing the tuck planche progression for 60 seconds total. If not then stay with the 2 sets of 30 seconds for a few more weeks and then try the tuck planche again. It may be helpful to try the tuck planche on some paralletes, I usually do 30 seconds on the floor and 30 seconds on the paralletes because my wrists cant quite handle the work load yet.

Good luck

thanks, I just tried the tuck planche and :shock: I can hold it for 10 seconds eeeasily, but I think I'll work both frog stand and ball planche, just to reinforce the easiest so I think I'll improve better and faster :D

ball planche and tuck planche are the same thing unless you want to differentiate between ball planche and advanced tuck planche wherein one the back is rounded and the other it is not. Sometimes the hips can be a bit low in tuck planche.

If you can do it for 10 seconds, you're ready to train it in 5 second bouts.

All right guys thanks a lot. Now the question is: should I mix both frog stand and tuck planche or I have to train only tuck planche to increase the timing? Thanks.