Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with training?

Mitch

Hi Guys,

I have a few questions i need to ask! I am 29 years old 6ft 1inch tall and quite slim. I train in Jeet kune do and supplement my training with weights, bodyweight exercises and circuits etc. I have trained for years, I am pretty strong yet am not gaining the strength or physique that I thought I would have by now.

I have a set of rings and do various basic movements on them e.g 20kg chin ups and dips, hand stand pushups, one arm pushups, one arm chin progressions, tucke front lever (almost 60 sec hold), tucke back lever (almost 60 secs), various diffferent pushups with weighted vest etc. I usually do these movements for 3x5 apart fromm the one arm chins.

I mix ring work with weights and bodyweight exercises and circuits. I feel i am getting lost with what I should be working on ring wise, how often and for what rep ranges. I know it explains in the book but unless someone actually tells me I find it difficult to picture. Obviously my martial arts is my main priority but I would like the gymnastic elements help me in my quest to gain more strength and benefit my martial arts. I use Ross enamaits from rosstraining.coms books for my strength and conditioning and mix in rings as well. I need some help!!!

Well I believe your question is, you get lost on what to train on the rings? Well you set the limits to this, it seems you have a good base so far practicing and progressing with back and front lever which is a great start, along with the dips and chins. There are also ring rows which I really like, work the support hold, L-sit, muscle up seems to be a hot ticket and I can see why, try Bulgarian dips.

I would refer back to this http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14 part of the forum specifically for Ring Strength.