Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Here, Any Help Would Be Appreciated!

Matthewmonkey

Matthewmonkey

Hey there GymnasticBodies! :)

I am 19 years old, and am currently on a weightlifting programme aiming for size and strength. However I have been doing it for a while now and am looking to mix things up a bit. I have been hearing some really good things about callisthenics recently, and have been recommended this website on multiple occasions. Gymnastic style exercises have always interested me and I have been looking through these forums for the last few days trying to learn as much as I can.

However As I am a total beginner here, with minimal bodyweight strength (can perform 80 push ups in a row but only about 5 pull ups and chin ups) I am struggling to devise a proper routine using gymnastic exercises. I looked through the workout of the day posts, however with my lack of strength and experience I cannot perform 80% of the exercises.

There are no parks around me that have all of the bar stations, however My local gym does have dip stations and Pull up bars, and at my own personal house I have pull up bars and gymnastic rings that I have purchased getting ready for my new way of life!

My question to you is where about can I find a GymnasticBodies that is going to allow me to gain strength along with hypertrophy as I am struggling to find one that suits my needs on these forums. My short term goals for now are to perform a muscle up,front lever etc, those kind of exercises.

Thankyou very much for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon! :)

Matt