Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Workout Routine Critique

Lucas Dimoveo

Lucas Dimoveo

Hello GBers,

I am relatively new to gymnastics conditioning (it's been roughly two years now, I believe) and I am looking to optimize my workout schedule. I hope to incorporate O-lifting into my leg workouts to increase my jump height and impact resistance. If it helps I am training for parkour; and I train that roughly two times a week. Thank you for your input.

Monday

• Dynamic Stretching
  • 1 Mile Run (Currently around 10min - I have a poor cardiovascular system)
  • F.S.P - 10x 5sec hold

L-Sit , Straddle L-Sit on Floor, Kick to Handstand Hold, Press Handstand Step Down (2 Sec Hold), Flat Tuck Planche

• Pressing - 15x

Ring Bulgarian Push Up, Ring Dip, Reverse Grip Ring Dip (Maltese Grip), Hindu Push Up, One Arm Push Up, Double Clap Push Up

• Pulling - 15x

Rings Bulgarian Row, Inverted Chin Up

• Lower Back - 15x

Reverse Crunch, Lower Back Leg Lift (Superman), Breaststroke (Opposite Arm & Leg)

• Legs - 50X at 30lbs

Squats, Calf Raise

• Static Stretching

Wednesday

• Cardio - 10 Minutes
  • F.S.P - 10X, 10 Second Hold

Low Manna , Front Lever Flat Tuck, Back Lever Flat Tuck

• Core - 15X

L-Sit to Leg Lift, Windshield Wiper, Body Lever, Tuck-Pike-Straddle-Hollow Roll, German Hang Pull

• Lower Back - 15X

Reverse Crunch, Lower Back Leg Lift (Superman), Breaststroke (Opposite Arm & Leg)

• Pulling - 15X

Chip Up L-Sit, Pull Up L-Sit

• Legs - 15X

Iso Squat Plyo, Standing Plyo, The Shrimp, Harop Curl, Calf Raise

-----

All of the other days are dedicated to flexibility, cardio work, and some joint preparation. I have gotten stronger, but I often don't have enough rest time to train parkour. Should I stop doing an excise once I am able to complete it at full ROM? Am I doing too much? Thank you for your responses.

Daniel Burnham

Looks like a strange psuedo split. Definitely doing too much on the monday. If you can only do 2 workouts of this kind a week you should have them both be pretty much whole body and the same. You could split it but you will find much slower progress. To recap splitting allows you to focus on more movements while keeping the workout the same progresses faster.

Also a 15x rep scheme is high for some of the exercises. Once you have mastered a movement add it to your warmup and move on. Pick one of two pressing elements. Same with pulling and one core. I personally like to try and put legs on a different day but it could be the same. Keep in all the FSP that you want and put them at the beginning of your workout.

Add dynamic elements at the beginning if you want to keep them or if you use them as a high rep way to fatigue yourself put them at the end.

Simplify your workout pick progressions to master and when you do move to the next.

• Upvote 1