Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best order for excercises

Gaben18

If im using these exercises for my upper body days.

HSPU

Iron Cross pulls

front leaver rows

planche push-ups

one arm chin-ups

would it be most optimal to order these exercises in my routine like this?

upper body day 1

planche push-ups

one arm chin-ups

upperbody day 2

Iron Cross pulls

HSPU

front leaver rows

Daniel Burnham
If im using these exercises for my upper body days.

HSPU

Iron Cross pulls

front leaver rows

planche push-ups

one arm chin-ups

would it be most optimal to order these exercises in my routine like this?

upper body day 1

planche push-ups

one arm chin-ups

upperbody day 2

Iron Cross pulls

HSPU

front leaver rows

Simplify your list. For example. Have you mastered push-ups? If so move to dips. If you master dips then go to hspu. Do the lesser variations as warmup or for extra volume as you move up. Don't keep doing exercises because they exist. Also are you ready for iron cross pulls. There is no reason to concentrate on them unless you are ready. Doing pulls with bands as prep at a low intensity might be ok.

The two workouts look fine except I would pair hspu with pull-ups and rows with push-ups. Keeps things balanced.

Daniel Burnham
so vertical with vertical, and horizontal, with horizontal? Any specific reason why?

Just to balance out opposite movements.

Daniel Burnham
What would you conciser a iron cross pull?

Iron cross pull is more advanced. Once you get to this level push-ups should probably only be used as warmup and same with pull-ups. Iron cross pulls are a straight arm pulling exercise.

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

so could you say that we can give more attention to those exersices that we haven't mastered?

working dips instead of pushups might be a good idea?

I ask that as the main problem with the template i'm using has a very low exersice frecuency...

so i was doing just one day of verticl pulling and pushing upwards, one day of horizontal pulling and pushing, and one of vertical downward pushing and pulling, also a day of missing exersices.... could it be a better idea to get one day of vertical motions, and other of horizontal, and repeat them twice a week??

hope you can answer my question

greetings

Daniel Burnham
so could you say that we can give more attention to those exersices that we haven't mastered?

Yes, when you master a exercise relegate it to warmup or for extra volume and move on. Now our definitions of "mastered" might be different. I cant really comment on what mastering would mean for every exercise but a general rule is to do simple ones to a higher volume while harder exercises can be considered mastered at a lower volume. For example I dont think it would be necessary to work up to a 60sec iron cross like you should with l-sit.

Yes coach has written elsewhere that you should master pushups then dips then HSPU.

this is a pretty good general rule. It doesn't mean however that you cant do wall HeSPU until you have a ring turned out dip. But it suggests a progression of what you should be concentrating on.

I ask that as the main problem with the template i'm using has a very low exersice frecuency...

I think this is a problem with a lot of people's routines. I personally have a rule that to get decent progress in a movment I try to do it at least twice a week. Once a week just to keep a movement I already have (like back lever).

so i was doing just one day of verticl pulling and pushing upwards, one day of horizontal pulling and pushing, and one of vertical downward pushing and pulling, also a day of missing exersices.... could it be a better idea to get one day of vertical motions, and other of horizontal, and repeat them twice a week??

Yea thats more of the idea.

Keep it simple for now. Work through the progressions with a focus on what you need to master here and now. There is no reason to spin your wheels on exercises that are either too easy or too hard. Eventually there will come a day where you can do all the simple exercises in the book and then the horizontal and vertical motions become combined into Multi Planar and pushing and pulling occurs in the same exercise. Thats when things get fun :P

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

Yes, when you master a exercise relegate it to warmup or for extra volume and move on. Now our definitions of "mastered" might be different. I cant really comment on what mastering would mean for every exercise but a general rule is to do simple ones to a higher volume while harder exercises can be considered mastered at a lower volume. For example I dont think it would be necessary to work up to a 60sec iron cross like you should with l-sit.

Yes coach has written elsewhere that you should master pushups then dips then HSPU.

this is a pretty good general rule. It doesn't mean however that you cant do wall HeSPU until you have a ring turned out dip. But it suggests a progression of what you should be concentrating on.

I think this is a problem with a lot of people's routines. I personally have a rule that to get decent progress in a movment I try to do it at least twice a week. Once a week just to keep a movement I already have (like back lever).

Yea thats more of the idea.

Keep it simple for now. Work through the progressions with a focus on what you need to master here and now. There is no reason to spin your wheels on exercises that are either too easy or too hard. Eventually there will come a day where you can do all the simple exercises in the book and then the horizontal and vertical motions become combined into Multi Planar and pushing and pulling occurs in the same exercise. Thats when things get fun :P

Woha!!!

that sounds really good man, i think then i'll focus more on my main objectives, so i'll work them with more frecuency, and do mantenience work with the ones have become easier =)

Thanks dude!!!!

I guess what i should be asking is what would iron cross replace is im working, one arm chin-ups, front leaver rows, planche push-ups, and hand stand presses?