Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chest Pain in lots of movements, wont go away!

Evilllamas

Hi

I couple of months ago I posted about upper chest pain that started in dips, but I stupidly ignored it and it became noticeable in all pushing work and even some pulling work.

The pain is nearer the centre of my chest, on the left only and quite high up.

It occurs during upper body twisting motions, any pushing motion where the arm goes further back than a ring support (also feel it there and slightly in front of, planche work is fine though).

I don't feel it in stuff like front lever, however in `bower` pull ups (one arm remains straight), I do feel it.

I tried the suggestions of working within a ROM that does not hurt for pushing movements, and it seemed to improve, however now I'v been waking up the morning after a exercise session, and the left side of my chest has been instantly painful whenever my arm is `behind` me, even with no force- I'v been very careful to not go beyond a painless ROM.

I'm getting quite frustrated, how should I fix this, it's causing my pushing work to really suffer compared to my pulling work. (I can do planche progressions and HESPU, but no dips or decent push up work, I would do ring supports but they seems to exacerbate it too- however resting at the bottom of a very deep dip, and muscle ups without full ROM after the transition are okay, no back lever work at all though).

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

You need to take about a week off and then start off with very simple stuff possibly no bent arm stuff. It's gonna be boring and frustrating as hell...and no fun.

I'm talking about starting over with just hangs and supports. Support on PB, pushup, maybe ring support. Dead hangs and inverted hangs.

And build up from that.

But you need time off for that injury to heal up.

Yes, absolutely rest it. If you can get to a doctor and have it looked at. Though this kind of injury may or may not show up on an X-Ray. It's been going on too long now, you need to let this heal, and like Blair said, start over from quite easy movements.

I'll rest it for a week then, however after this will I be able to continue front lever and planche work etc- as this does not hurt my chest at all, same goes for HESP and handstands?

I'll certainly back off the other movements that have affected it.