Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Everyday life benefits

User24

I'm interested to learn the benefits that other people are experiencing, as they progress in ring development. I'm guessing this is for those like me who just started in adulthood, rather than since childhood.

Personally, this is what's changing in my life:

-standing/walking posture: Used to have to remind myself to walk straight, but now it is just natural and comfortable. I believe this benefit came from back lever work, hitting the lower back real good. And I don't seem to have any sudden lower back pain anymore...

-shin pain: This used to occur sometimes, when wearing hard diving fins, or running, etc. But it's just a thing of the past now, since all that toe-pointing on the rings has stretched out the frontal shin real well. It is great to have the shin flexibility, without having to become a ballet dancer.

-grocery bags: I hook the week's worth of plastic grocery bags to jumbo aluminum carabiners, and can carry them much easier now with straight arms. One trip to unload the trunk now, instead of several.

-moving stuff around: Heaving heavy items while at a disadvantaged position, etc. Cooking, etc. when wrist strength is needed to move those cast-iron pans around at odd angles.

Unfortunately I still build up tension in my neck from everyday life, etc. Anyone cured that with special ring exercises?

I would think a pistol sharpshooter, or a dancer, would reap great benefits as well. All that straight-arm work...

Well, what do you guys have? I suppose there are areas of life that work better with flexibility, balance, etc.

Foam roll your thoracic spine and stick dislocates to loosen up that neck. Then hang on a bar. Rinse, repeat twice a day at morn and night or maybe during the middle ( in the warmup ).

Been doing farmer's walks for a long time. Good exercise, especially if you ever do a hard day of labor.

Ow, thanks for the information there Blairbob. I also tend to get to get alot of tension and neck ache alot, so I will definatly put your tips into my routine!

Peace and Love,

Mike

Well I'd say I feel a lot less 'frail' ever since I started seriously working on my strength... I'm a lot less prone to sports related injuries now than I used to be as a result of the increased overall strength in the entire body, and my bones have also become stronger and denser... (especially the rib cage from all that upper body work)!

Also it's a lot easier picking up girls (literally) :mrgreen: