Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Arms too short for Static L-sits?

ScottyDugans

Is it possible to have too short of arms for an L-sit? My butt is slightly still touching the ground when my hands are completely flat. The only way it feels right is when i get on my finger tips but it hurts way too much.

Gerald Mangona

If you can touch the ground with flat palms when you're seated, your arms aren't too short. If you couldn't touch your palms to the ground while seated -- or if you're a tyrannosaurus rex -- then, your arms are too short.

Sounds like your scapular depression muscles might need some strengthening?

J

I dont think so. I can hold it up for a while on my finger tips but it just hurts my fingers. But then again maybe thats different muscles Im not sure.

Vincent Stoyas
or if you're a tyrannosaurus rex -- then, your arms are too short.

This. Hahah.

You just need to work at it. Eventually you'll get off your fingertips.

Give it time. You need to actively push down with your shoulders and get a bit of compression when tightening up m

Is it ok to have my torso slightly tilted forward? Not at a 45 degree angle but at about 80 degrees I can do it. I saw one of the videos on here from one of Coach Sommer's students and he was slightly forward.

Give it time. You need to actively push down with your shoulders and get a bit of compression when tightening up m

Is it ok to have my torso slightly tilted forward? Not at a 45 degree angle but at about 80 degrees I can do it. I saw one of the videos on here from one of Sommers students and he was slightly forward.

Yes it's ok for the regular L-sit. An advanced L-sit though would have the torso totally upright or slightly leaned back.

Karri Kytömaa

Here is a somewhat related question.

I have the same problem that when sitting totally straight, my huge ass is touching the ground so I lean my torso bit forward. I'm on my 5th week of SSC right now, working on about 10-12s holds.

Now I played around with pushing my hips forward instead, so tilting my body backwards. It totally fried my abs in seconds.

So I just wonder which is more time efficient, first work up to 60s L in that easy position or switch to working in harder position after this cycle? Even if it means working on some 5s holds.