Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You guys might know what your talking about afterall

namboiv

Hello to all,

Like many, I have been lurking here, taking in advice and applying as best I can. I am currently working on the pre req FSPs and doing scaled down versions of the GB WODs. Although it does take a while to understand the movements and properly scale the WODs, I am getting noticeably stronger.

I haven’t lost or gained weight, nor any body re composition (that I can notice but you know how that goes), but am much stronger than I have been. I am now able to perform a SLS without specifically training for it. I can also do a MU on a bar. I use to train for it prior to beginning the GB WODs, but was unable to complete. After a month on the GB WODs, I am capable of a SLS and MU.

Only problem for me is my pushup count has gone down. Not to mention every joint in my body cracks and pops but no pain.

Anyways to end the rant, you guys might know what your talking about afterall. Thanks coach for taking the time to post the GB WODs and thanks to all who have participated in the forum.

Daniel Burnham
Only problem for me is my pushup count has gone down.

The pushup count is most likely one of two things. You are either training harder now and cannot perform as close to peak performance or more likely you are not training the pushups for endurance anymore.

If you want to do many reps of a movement whether it be pushups or pull-ups (or anything really), you need to do a workout that trains the endurance of that movement. I recommend doing it at least once a week if your goal is strength endurance.

Also you may notice after a few months of training that your pushups eventually get back up and may even be greater. This is a result of you being much stronger and each effort being much less taxing compared to your maximal efforts. This trickle down effect is the major pusher in my max reps as I rarely do strength endurance work. For comparison last time I did max pushups in a minute it was around 70. I honestly have not even tried to see how many I can do total, because it is boring and has no point for me.