Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Disadvantages?

Tavis G

Hey Guys, i have grown from 5'10" to 6'1". Would that put me at a disadvantage to hold FL, PL?

And on the FL subject, I have read a post on here negatives are better than holds. Is this true? If not, Should i do Holds Before negatives? Or vice-versa? And How long should negatives be? And in My doorway chinup bar i can only get about this much range: <. Well maybe a little more than that but will that still get me results? I Can Lower full FL pretty slow.

And will weighted pullups help my FL progress with stronger lats?

Of course it will put you at more of a disadvantage. The longer the lever (your body), the harder it becomes. But the stronger you will become.

Training the front lever with the static position will always be best (or why would Coach have put static holds as the progression the book?). But it doesn't have to be either/or. You can use a mixture of all sorts of exercises to help with front levers. Negatives w/ a harder progression, front lever pulls, front pulls (I find this to be the best assisting movement in my experience), pullups, and more! If I had to pick just one assistance, I would prefer a front pull and then negative down with a progression up or very slowly (10 seconds), that is what has helped me a lot. And, well, it makes big obliques. :lol:

Some people on this forum have said weighted pullups help.

Thanks! So you are saying if i master some FSP i will be stronger than someone shorter woth the same FSP achieved? And the big oblique thing. As in bulky or just perfect?