Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anybody help with knee pain?

Michael Miskelly

Michael Miskelly

Hi folks,

I'm having some trouble with my knee and just wondered if anybody else may have had the same sort of problem before. My patellar tendon is very stiff and feels very tight especially when I straighten my leg out like you would in a leg extension. It is also tender and sore when walking up stairs.

I don't know exactly what happened but I think it was training soccer which caused it. I know you will say get to the doctor but I had trouble with my right knee before and our healthcare system was less than useless then so I am trying here to see if anyone has had similar problems. I did a bit of research and the symptoms are similar to those of tendinitis or runners knee.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mic

Squats and lunges. Mainly as rehab. The focus is getting blood and nutrient flow to the area. It's not about load, it's about reps.

Funny enough as I was getting used to squatting again recently, it was heavy squats that cleared something up in my knee versus squats and step-ups with just a bar or BW.

You could just try taking some time off to rest initially. Mobility at some point is what is going to make it better. How much is a very careful thing. Too much poison isn't an antidote and just kills. Too little doesn't cure it.

You can also look into Mobility WOD's "voodoo band therapy." I've been having some success with it on my wrists.I did try my knee and ankles but I didn't feel much of a difference. They both click but don't hurt in general.