This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120809

Started by Coach Sommer, August 9, 2012 · 5 Replies · 1,415 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Complete four rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 HSPU

2 Cast Wall Walks

10 Wheels

2 Cast Wall Walks

20 Swinging Dips

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, perform 2 Cast Wall Walks in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) If 2 Cast Wall Walks are too easy, you may increase the number of repetitions up to 4 or you may also substitute the most challenging STRAIGHT-ARM Press HS variation that you are capable of performing for 2 repetitions.

3) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds

4) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement

Sven Ravnstag

Didn't have a place to do swinging dips today, so I did 10 ring dips. Any advice on how to better substitute in the future?

Josh Schmitter
Steve Sisk said:
Didn't have a place to do swinging dips today, so I did 10 ring dips. Any advice on how to better substitute in the future?

I know people have tried swinging dips on rings...with mixed results. Coach has said that he definitely wants a bent arm sub here(as opposed to just swings). I believe Slizzardman has said working the most explosively you can(whether doing ring dips, or even clapping pushups...even though that's sacrificing plane of motion) would be the best sub. So ring dips as explosively as possible might be your best bet.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4872&p=40608&hilit -here's where it all goes down if ya wanna get into the dirt of it.

Sven Ravnstag

Thanks for the suggestion. I was trying to be as explosive as possible, although by the 6-10 rep range they were more grinds. I also halved the prescribed reps (I'm assuming ring dips are more challenging than parallel bar dips?) due to inability to do 20 of much of anything on the rings at this point.

Paulo

Anyone else here think 80 total swinging dips sounds impossible?? :?

Josh Schmitter
Paulo said:
Anyone else here think 80 total swinging dips sounds impossible?? :?

I believe a haiku I wrote a while back in reference to a crazy addition the the HS WOD is quite felicitous :

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7586&p=67858&hilit=words+fail#p67858

Prereqs:

3x60s-Plank,3x20s-arch,3x30s-sup,40,35,35-hollow,3x40s-dead, 3x20 rev. Pl

WOD:

4 rounds:

2 Plank Walks

5 Pike Pushups

2 Plank Walks

10 Dynamic Knee Pushups(ha, that looks like I'm trying to hide the 'knee' part behind impressive words like 'Dynamic')

2 Plank Walks

20 Chair dips(foot support)

2x10 Wrist Pushups on knees

Notes:

This was rough today. CWW(or plank walks for me) back to back are very trying. Pre reqs very hard today too. Didn't sleep great either last nite(up around 2-4am I think w/ crazy dry mouth). The dips were pretty much like doing squats as that's how close my feet were for the support :).