Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tuck position

muhammedmuys

muhammedmuys

Hello every one

I`m 34 years old man and i have seen the planche exercise so I love to do it and started to do some exercise on strengthen my arms.

The trouble is when i wont to do the tuck position my legs wont go up the ground, is it because my legs muscles aren't to strong?

If so what are the exercise that i can do to strengthen them if there is any plz attach pictures and i will be very grateful

your

Muhammed Muyassar

Iraq -Baghdad 2012

Muhammed, the planche has very little to do with leg strength. It's more a question of shoulder girdle strength (all the muscles that connect to the scapula). And being able to use that strength to lean far enough forward that the feet lift up due to balance.

As the poster before asked, can you do the variation with your knees/legs on your arms?

If you can't "tuck" very well in the planche, it's simply a matter of fact that your abs are strong enough to keep your knees close to your abdomen/torso.

Which is why it's so important to have a strong L-sit prior to tuck planche.

If you're on the lighter side, it's much easier but becomes increasingly harder once you're an older. It's hard enough for our teen girls and boys with poor L-sit ability. What do you think it's going to be like for a 150lb-185lb adult that is 5 and a half to 6 feet tall?

muhammedmuys

I thank you all for your Follow up . What I have realized is that when i do the L-seat i can do it for just a second or tow and my quadriceps begun to kill me it starts to burn , the other thing is when i do the planche my hip doesn't go of the ground and I feel like the Muscles of my legs are being pulled .

On the other hand when i do the frog stand i can left my legs and i feel my arms are strong enough but the Problem is with my balance

Is there any exercise that i can do to strengthen the Muscles of my legs and hips

Sorry for too many questions and thank you for your support.

Andrew Long

when you tried the L-sit were your legs fully extended? if so maybe you could try a tucked L-sit where you tuck your legs in while supporting yourself off the ground. Hollow holds are key as well I have found they increased my core strength significantly. I can now do a front plank with legs raised while my 80kilogram friend stands on my lower back and hold it for 15 seconds (in hollow position)... If you cant do a tuck L-sit try hanging from a bar and do a hangling L-sit (tucked at first) just lift your legs as high as you can even if you cant reach horizontal its still good training =) hope some of that helped.