Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handstand work on rings

Jordi Van Gelder

Jordi Van Gelder

Hello,

Well i need some tips here. I just cannot find the way to do free balance hs in rings. Sometimes i got 2 seconds, but i feel its just luck, not like in the ground that i know i'm doing correctly and thats why i can balance.

Whats the correct possition for hands? or shoulders?

And about inverted cross, omg i feel it damn hard, how can it be only a C? i try it sometimes (not free balance) but my back get really bend. Whats the correct workout for this? For sure i should be able to do before normal cross right? Maybe the japanese hs can help a lil bit.

Thank you,

yuri marmerstein

If you can barely do HS on rings, you really shouldn't be working inverted crosses.

Ring HS should look similar to Pbar, but with the hands turned out further. Shoulders open, hands turned out past parallel.

If you post a video it will be a lot easier to give advice

Work HS with the parallettes turned out. Pretty much a prerequisite to RIng HS.

Japanese Handstand is actually called invert cross in the FIG Code Of Points. It's somewhat similar just not as hard as on rings.

Invert Cross used to be a D once upon a time. Got devalued.

Alessandro Mainente

from my experience there is no compare between japanese hs and inverted cross on rings! on the rings seems to be impossible.

for the hs in the beginning i usually kept the legs near to straps but not in contact with them and use them only to correct swing movement. with the time i deacrease the amount oh help and now the free balance is very easy, and i'm learning the balance with RTO, in this case the most difficult part is maintain the alignement of the body when the rings are extra rotated. the biggest obstacle was maintain the arms straigth and balance moving them backward and forward without bend the elbows...it took to me about 12-13 months to get the hs that i have now, i can do every movement where hs in involved, from hspu to bowers..

so it takes time and time! of course the practice is important, i usually try hs on rings 7-10 times everyday, holding it form 15 to 20 seconds