Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

leg work

Ian Myers

I'm a 5k runner and I know I need to start getting some leg strength work in. Would you advise just following the wods and doing the leg.work.when it comes up or adding in some dead lifts and front squats? I'm open to all suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

Depends what you have access to and your goals. I prefer barbell work typically, especially for faster strength and power increases. TBH, I don't always have access to such tools to implement them for gymnasts in some gyms. I end up with cute little hand DB or having to bring in my own bars, plates and DB. Sometimes I luck out if there are DB to 35lbs and enough for decent sized groups.

The leg WODS vary whether they focus on dynamic strength or pure strength. It kind of depends where you are right now. The DynamicLeg WODS are a bit more metabolic IMO. NaturalLegCurls/FloorGluteHams tend to be involved in them and sometimes they are a blend of Weighted SLS, NLC/GHD, etc.

The Leg work only comes up about every 5-7 days. Frequency will get you stronger such as 2-3x/week.

Nothing wrong with DL and FS. Josh the Slizzardman is all about those as I as well though I like my Back Squats, too.