Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Summer decrease of strenght

AlexSLO

Hi everybody!

Is it just me, or do you feel also like that? by that I mean that in the summer days your strenght just decreases (talking about absolute strenght, low reps, statics and so on..). Since it got hotter here in Slovenia (30-38 degrees) it so hard to train.. I got a loooot weaker since It got so hot.. For example; For FSP I could do 6x10s Full lay Back lever.. now I can only do 3x10 sec, and the other three series I do only an one leg back lever. But it is not only the back lever, also other exercises got alot harder.. One friend that specializies in fitness bodybuilding even sad to me that in the summer days he does more high rep and definition than gaining muscles and size?

Is this common?

Matth Challoner

Same happens with me, I would like to know what you guys think of this

Hmm, I am actually the exact opposite! My strength increases greatly in the summer days compared to the winter months.

Though, I workout outside all year. 35 degrees in the summer, 0 degrees in the winter. I exercise in rain, thunder, and basically everything else. In summer, I am always exercising in direct sunlight. Perhaps this makes a mental or emotional difference compared to those who exercise in a facility? I can take my time exercising in the summer because I don't have to worry weather and disease. So, I am more relaxed and much more happy. Especially with all the flowers, clear skies, butterflies... :) I bet outside versus inside makes a difference.

Your body is more efficient at making energy when it's around it's natural temperature, a change of just a few degrees messes with the internal processes a bit and can slow it down. Try extending your rest periods by 30 seconds for all sets and see how that helps.