Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planche Programming

Dominic LeBlanc

Dominic LeBlanc

Hey guys I've been working on my planche pretty rigorously for the last few months and I'm not sure if I'm making progress or overtraining. I generally train for planche 3 days on, one day off (on which I work mostly HSPU, L-sit, BL and just started doing some press work). My days on I am performing usually 6-10 sets of 10sec tuck planche holds (2 min rest), 6 sets of 3-5 PPP, weighted dips and leans along with a bit of hollow holds on the floors (this is new). What is concerning me is that about a month ago I was able to hold like 3 sets for 20 secs with about 3 mins in between, however it feels like now I would not be able to do that. I believe my form and muscle activation have improved but I dont understand why my times have been reduced. Furthermore, I notice that while it doesn't feel like I'm overtraining (never sore), every now and then I'm just straight up weak and can't pump out my 6 sets with ideal form. Essentially what I'd like to know is if I'm maybe doing too much and should take more days off of planche or if this sort of thing is normal and should push through?

If your strength is dropping, that is a sign of overtrining. Back of for couple days, come back refreshed and feeling better than ever :D . Do forget to add pulling and rowing movemments, muscle imbalances are bad.

• 2 weeks later...

training for planche 3 days in a row? The problem is your not letting your muscles adapt and come back stronger and fresh. You get stronger during your rest, the workouts just instigate the need to be stronger. Every second day would be far better