Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Goals Reached!?

David Draper

Hey everyone. I found this site about three months ago now and have to say 'thanks' for all the information on here form all the contributors and of course Coach Sommer. Its fantastic.

I'm 31 and have trained with weights since i was about 18. At 26 i decided to put my knowledge to good use and qualified as a personal trainer and sports thrapist which i have been working as for about 4 years now. In the last three months this site has completely changed the way i think about training myself and my clients. What a revelation!

My question is: has anyone on the forum followed the Olympic Body article progressions to completion?

Its been 12 weeks now since i started a bodyweight only routine and my gains have been amazing. (I could hold the frog stand for about 20 seconds at first, now i can hold the tuck planche for 40 seconds.) I gave myself 6 months to be able to complete 1 full planche press up. Now realising how hard this is i may have to extend it!! haha!

Just wondered if anyone else started right at the beginning and has now progressed to the full lever and full planche and if so how long it took them. I know everyone makes different gains and trains differently but thought it would be interesting to get some success stories on here!

Good luck with the training

David Picó García

I progressed to the fron lever for 3 sec max hold from just a few seconds on tucked FL (not advanced). I start some training until i was able to do 10 seconds or so on advanced, after that i couldnt train for a long time and again after some months i focused on it and has taken from the advanced (i didnt loose the basis founded) to full front lever about 5-6 months. I'm not still able to do straddle front lever pullups. So still working on it and until i can reach an easy 10 secons front lever. I didnt really focus on it specially just start every training with some front lever negatives more than static for time (although sometimes did statics or advanced FL pulls for change the things a bit).

Your progress on planche i think is great (for me amazing) since i cant progress on that, although i've never really focused on it on a large period of time.

And i also think is much easier the front lever than planche.

So the article was right, it's possible to achive thouse impossible moves!!! :P

I agree that the front lever is easier to progress on than the planche, much easier. In the article you mentioned, Coach Sommer mentions that it will take at least 6 months, however, I think that number is very generous and is a best-case scenario. I think there are definitely complementary skills to the planche that will speed your progress, however, I'm not sure what they all are. Working the L-sit for example, helped improve my tuck planche. Hopefully the book will elaborate on the relationship between skills.