Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HS with stomach facing the wall vs. back facing the wall...

blueyes

This will be quick.

What is the difference between a HS done with the stomach facing the wall vs. the back facing the wall?

I thought a HS is a HS.

If I can do a HS by kicking my feet up against the wall and have my back facing it is that how I should do it? Or there is a reason for doing HS with the stomach facing the wall...

Yeah coreathlete... but then I fear falling on my back and throwing it out because I have to bridge to catch myself.

With back facing the wall at least I can land ELEGANTLY. lol

Also learn to do a half twist and land on your feet. This will help when you start doing freestanding handstands and handstand pushups on parallettes.

It's a bit easier to cartwheel out of a handstand than pirouette as a pirouette ( turn ) generally requires a solid handstand.

You see guys... this is what it should be about. Nice people helping each other out with no attitude.

I'm starting to like this place already... :)

Thanks.

I'm actually thinking of submitting my particular dismount off the parallettes for a difficulty rating. Although it looks like I'm bailing due to a loss of control from a handstand position, it's actually a very challenging manuever, what with the bent leg position and the thump as I hit the floor on my feet.

Hey mark, buddy... you're a better man than I am. At least you can do it as much as you can. Yes, I'm just beginning but my hats off to those people who start doing it, stick with it and work at it and can do it in whatever shape or form they can.