Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

effects based on resting time energy sources reps sets?

Chris Cantrell

Chris Cantrell

I have been doing the PR for a while now and have seen lots of improvement in them, but it has not carried over to anything more difficult.

Just to step it up a notch I wanted to mix things up for a month or so. What would the effects of something like below be?

Doing basics exercises like pull ups, dips and push ups, it seems like I can do 3 sets of 50% of my max with about 45 second rest between.

I am considering doing this every other day or so until I can do 5 sets of 50% and then retesting the max.

I'm curious though if there is any benifit to doing anything at 50% of max for three to five sets. Also how does the 45 second rest play in? Any less and I cant get the third set in with good form, and much more and I could probably pull off more that three sets.

Nic Branson

Are you looking to be able to perform more reps or to get stronger? Conditioning or maximal strength gains.

Chris Cantrell

I would not mind being stronger, but mostly I need to be able to perform for two to two and a half hours. Mostly realatively low to medium strength, with the occasional "oh hell" moment where I need all the strength I can muster.

I am training for cross country motorcycle races.